Chapter 34

The next morning, Ruth awoke to the smell of breakfast, she had tossed and turned the whole night.  Robert knocked on her door, she answered, "Come in," then he entered the room.  She was rubbing her eyes as he said, "Breakfast is about ready, mum told me to come get ya.  By the way, I heard you wake up during the night, a few nights ago, and it sounded like you were having a hard time breathing.  Can ya tell me what was going on?"  Ruth looked at Robert and replied, "I have been having nightmares, they were making me unable to remember how to breathe."  Robert frowned, walked over to her, sat beside her on the bed and asked, "What were the nightmares about?"  Ruth told him how both dreams were about their wedding, how in the first nightmare, she had lost her wedding dress and he had lost the rings.  Then she told him, about the second nightmare, how her father had shown up and stopped the wedding by objecting to their marriage.  Robert shook his head, smiled, then hugged Ruth and said, "I think you nerves were stressed and that's why you had those nightmares.  I was having some bad dreams too, and they were very similar to yours."  Ruth chuckled a bit, then they heard Terri call, "Breakfast is ready.  Are you two coming?"  Robert and Ruth called back in unison, "We'll be down in a minute," Robert left the room, long enough for Ruth to throw on a shirt and a skirt, then they walked down together.

     Shortly after breakfast, it was time to get ready to go decorate the Photogallery.  Ruth ran upstairs to get her purse and shoes.  She came back down as Terri, Grace, Bindi, and Chandler were getting into the car.  Robert and Ruth got in last and they headed to the Photogallery.  They got to the zoo and everyone filed out of the car and headed toward the Photogallery.  Ruth's mom and sisters were waiting outside.  They all went in, looked through the decorations that had been rented or bought days earlier, and started setting up chairs.  While Ruth, her mom, and sisters were busy putting drapes and flowers up on the trellis, Robert and Chandler were putting up chairs in neat rows, Terri, Bindi, and Grace were getting some decorations set aside for the reception at the house.  Several hours passed of decorations going up, chairs getting set up, and before long it was finished.  Ruth stood at the entrance to the Photogallery and smiled, they had gotten a lot done in the hours they were there.  After they were finished, they went out for lunch, before heading back to the house.  Ruth's mom and sisters got a taxi and went to help set up the reception area in the backyard.  They worked on getting the final details done and by suppertime, it was finished.  They all sat down to a quick meal before Ruth's mom and sisters left to go back to the hotel.  Ruth got a call from her cousins and friend, Amanda, they all had arrived.  Ruth asked Robert if he would go with her to the airport to help her cousins and friends.  He agreed, and they headed to the airport.  As they arrived, Ruth and Robert went inside and looked around for her family and friends.  Amanda called to her, "Hey GURL!," Ruth spun around and hugged Amanda.  Pastor Mike, Tommy, and Andrew greeted Ruth and shook hands with Robert.  Pastor Mike, Tommy, and Andrew had been talking with Robert and they told how they were surprised to hear Ruth was getting married, especially since she never dated anyone before Robert.  Then came Ruth's cousins, Hallie, Autumn, Amber, and Lena.  They hugged each other one by one, and they greeted Robert.  All of them then headed to their hotels for the night and there was a lot of excitement in the air.

     After they got back from the airport, everyone was inside, except Ruth and Robert.  They went into the backyard looking at all the decorations and they loved how everything was coming together.  They walked into the house, then Ruth asked Robert, "I forgot to ask, did you get your vows written?"  Robert looked at her and replied, "Yeah, I had them written a week ago when we talked about it."  Ruth and Robert said 'goodnight' to each other and went to their rooms for their last night sleeping apart.  The next night they would be sleeping together for the first time.  Ruth was asleep quickly since she hadn't slept very well in previous nights.  Robert fell asleep shortly after Ruth did, but he had realized he forgot to feed Stella, so he went downstairs and fed her, then he went back upstairs and back to bed.  The house was quiet and the excitement for the next day loomed in the air.

Hey everyone, Heads Up!  The wedding is next and it's a LONG chapter, I am looking forward to getting this book done over the next 6 chapters.  Enjoy!  Thanks for reading! - GodLover