Chapter 19

After Ruth barely escaped from Robert's room, she calmed down her racing heart. She went into her bedroom to get her phone that she had left on charge all night and most of the morning. She picked it up, opened the lock screen, and saw that she had a text message from her friend, Clara, back home. Ruth smiled as she opened the text from Clara. It read, "Hey Ruth, How are you doing down in Australia? I was wondering, would you like to come to my grandpa and grandma's wedding anniversary party in a few weeks? Also how are your sisters doing?" Ruth read it and responded, "Hey Clara, I'm doing good. How are things for you back in Ohio? I had some exciting things happen while here and I met someone. My sisters are doing fine. I would love to come to the anniversary party for your grandparents. I wish I could stay here longer but I'll be heading home in a week. I've been having so much fun here except for one incident. I'll talk to you later if you're able. Ttyl!" Ruth sent the message to Clara, then she almost dropped her phone when Chandler knocked on her door. Chandler kinda chuckled watching Ruth fumble with her phone. He then said to her, "Sorry for starling you Ruth." She replied while waving her hands, "No problem. Just don't do it again, please." Chandler smiled at her and said in a cheery tone, "I won't. I'm going to go now. Robert, Terri, and I are leaving as soon as Robert can get downstairs." Robert was walking down the hall when he heard Chandler say that, so he spoke up and said, "Hey, it's not my fault I got distracted by someone throwing my door open while I was changing." Chandler spun around to look at Robert like a deer caught in the headlights while Ruth simply giggled silently behind him. Chandler turned back around to face Ruth and he saw her giggling. He then put two and two together and understood what Robert meant, so he said, "We gotta get heading to work. We have some croc shows today and we have a few tours to do as well." Robert smiled as Chandler walked down the stairs. He turned to Ruth and asked, "Is there anything you need or anything you wanted to ask me before mum, Chandler, and I head out?" Ruth paused for a moment to think about it.  "No, I can't think of anything right now." She replied in a happy tone. Robert nodded then slightly started to blush as he said in a caring tone, "Okay, just making sure. Oh......by the way, I hope I didn't frighten you when you surprised me a moment ago in my room." Ruth smiled at how considerate he was. She replied, "Not at all, you didn't frighten me, you just caught me off guard for a minute." Robert smiled widely at her once again as he walked up to her and whispered in her ear, "I hope to catch you off guard again soon and learn more about you." Just then, Terri called to Robert, "Robert, let's go, we're going to be late!" Robert turned around, called down to his mom "Coming", and walked out the bedroom door, as if nothing had happened. Ruth's face turned bright red as soon as he walked out the bedroom door. Her head was spinning, her palms were sweaty, her heart was racing, and her mind was focused on his words. Ruth smiled, put her hand over her heart, and felt her heart beating faster than ever before. She knew that one way or another, she and Robert were brought together by God. She didn't know why, but God did. Ruth knew that God brought them together for some reason and that he would handle the way things went between them. Ruth headed down the stairs to spend time with Bindi and Grace till the others got back from work. She could hardly wait to see what was in store for her the next few days and week, but she was happy that God knew what was going to happen; even though she didn't.

*Hey everyone,

This is a short update chapter.  I've been even busier since I graduated high school.  I haven't had time to write due to tiring days.  I'm hoping to be able to make time to write when things slow down and whenever I get some down time.  Thanks so much for over 2,700 reads!  That is a big accomplishment for me and it warms my heart that so many are reading this fanfiction story.  Not sure how many chapters there's gonna be but we'll see what happens.  Thanks again! - GodLover