Chapter 36

The next morning, Ruth woke up snuggled up under some blankets, and she rubbed her eyes, then looked down at herself

     The next morning, Ruth woke up snuggled up under some blankets, and she rubbed her eyes, then looked down at herself.  She frowned realizing she slept in her dress.  She was so used to sleeping in her clothes and so tired from traveling the night before, that she hadn't even thought about changing when she laid down and fell asleep.  She got up, quietly walked to the bathroom and showered while Robert was still asleep.  She got out a nice shirt, skirt, and her walking shoes, then she braided her hair.  She rummaged through her suitcase, looking for her Bible, before she heard Robert stir from his sleep.  She looked at him, he was still asleep, she walked around the bed to him.  She thought he looked so peaceful while asleep.  She took her Bible and went to sit in the livingroom area of the suite.  She made herself some complimentary coffee, then she sat down, and was reading, and praying, when she heard Robert calling her from the bedroom.  She closed her Bible and went to him.  He was standing up stretching the sleepiness away, as she walked to him, he smiled at her, and held his arms open for her to come hug him.  She smiled back, hugged him, then asked while looking up at him, "Yes?  What is it?"  He replied, "Good morning.  How'd ya sleep?  Also how long have you been up?"  She smiled, then answered, "I've been up for about an hour.  I didn't realize how tired I was last night, until I woke up this morning.  So I showered already, and I was just doing my devotional time.  By the way, I'm sorry for falling asleep as soon as I got in the door last night."  He chuckled, "that's okay, you were really tuckered out from yesterday.  Besides, your gonna need energy to get through all the stuff I've got planned for us to do while here."  She had a look in her eyes that said, 'what kind of plans?', so he continued speaking of the plans.  "I wanna take ya ziplining, hiking, sightseeing, snorkeling, surfing, and there's a whole bunch of other fun stuff."  Ruth smiled at him, but in her mind she was thinking, 'there is no way that I'm going in the ocean.'  Ruth wasn't afraid of the ocean itself, the one thing Ruth feared, above a lot of things that are in the ocean, was Sharks.  She was terrified of them and has been ever since childhood.  She also had a slight fear of drowning, since she was not an experienced swimmer and kinda had a phobia about being submerged underwater.  She could swim enough to save her life, maybe, but she was more concerned as to how she would tell Robert about her fears.

     The first thing they did was Ziplining, and Ruth loved it, she loved the feeling of being as free as a bird, but safe in the harness

     The first thing they did was Ziplining, and Ruth loved it, she loved the feeling of being as free as a bird, but safe in the harness.  Next, they went hiking, then after that, they went sightseeing.  By afternoon or early evening, Ruth was very tired.  Robert suited up to go surfing and snorkeling, and Ruth sat in the livingroom area till he came out, and she had a sad look on her face.  He looked at his bride, sat down beside her, took her hands in his, looked her in the eyes, then asked, "Ruth, what's wrong?"  She looked at him, then began to cry, and her hands flew out of his to cover her face.  He tried to calm her down, but to no avail.  He asked with worry in his tone, "What's wrong?  Is it something I did or said?"  She shook her head, then replied through tears, "I'm afraid of Sharks, I can't swim very well, and I have sort of a phobia about being submerged underwater.  I'm so sorry, I should've told you sooner, but it never came up and-"  Robert put a hand to her mouth, and shushed her as he pulled her into an affirming embrace.  She sat in his embrace crying a fear tears as he comforted her.  He told her, "It's okay, I understand.  If you don't want to go surfing and snorkeling with me, you can rest here for awhile, or go for a walk along the beach, or anything you wanna do.  I love ya, nothin' could make me love ya any less, not even fears or phobias."  She smiled at him as she wiped away her tears.  He smiled, then kissed her forehead and asked, "Why don't you rest awhile, I'll go surfing and snorkeling, then come back in a few hours and we'll go have supper?"  She nodded and replied, "Okay, and thank you.  You know, I couldn't ask for a better man than you."  He smiled, grabbed his surfboard and snorkeling gear and headed out the suite door.  Ruth sat in the livingroom area, reading her Bible, when she looked at the time, it had almost been an hour since Robert left, she began to get dressed in a fancier outfit for supper.  She put on a teal skirt with a brown belt, a light brown tank with a brown leather jacket, then a teal necklace, and put on her flats.  She unbraided her hair, then put it up into a messy bun updo, then sat back in the livingroom area, waiting for her husband.

  She unbraided her hair, then put it up into a messy bun updo, then sat back in the livingroom area, waiting for her husband

     Robert returned right on time, as he entered the suite, and he set his stuff down, he saw her sitting on the couch reading her Bible while waiting for him, she had earphones in and didn't hear him come in.  She was listening to one of her favorite songs by Forest Frank called 'No Longer Bound'.  She was nodding her head to the beat, while reading more in her Bible, then she closed her eyes and mouthed some of the words.  Robert smiled, and walked over to her, she jumped a bit when she felt a cold hand on the back of her neck, she gasped, looked up, saw Robert, then she took out one of her earphones and smiled while saying, "You scared me a bit, I guess I should've had one out so I could hear you come in." He bent down and kissed her briefly, then replied, "That's okay, sorry to have kept you waiting Love, I'll go get changed quickly, then we'll go get somethin' to eat." She nodded, and went back to reading her Bible until he was done.  They had supper in a nice restaurant, got back to their suite, Ruth changed back into her previous outfit and then they went for a moonlit walk down the beach.  The rest of their honeymoon went exceedingly great.  They grew closer than they had been originally, most importantly, they were spending time together in God's word and in prayer.  After they returned from their honeymoon, Robert went back to work at the zoo, and Ruth began making plans to move all her belongings from Ohio to Australia.  In months to follow, Robert and Ruth went through many stages, ups, downs, ins, outs, and they also had a few arguments, but their love for each other and God drew them together always.

*Hey everyone, I am loving how this is turning out so far.  I know the last chapter was really long, but I figured, that it would save some extra chapters to put extra details in Chapter 35.  Hope Y'all have enjoyed reading this book, and I'd love some suggestions of who you guys like reading about.  Thanks for reading! - GodLover