Chapter 29

Ruth answered the phone and said, "Rose, what's up?" Rose replied, "I have mom and dad here and they agreed to listen to what you have to say."  Ruth looked at Robert while she was on the phone, he looked at her briefly and noticed she looked paranoid.  Ruth motioned to him that she was gonna take the call outside.  He nodded.  She walked out the back door onto the deck.  She said, "Mom?  Dad?  Don't say anything, just listen to me.  I'm sorry for yelling at you mom.  But you both have never treated me the best.  Dad, you have never treated me as if I was a good enough person for anyone.   Mom, the only reason you want me home is because Rose and Emma don't help with stuff around the house.   I feel as though you both have never supported anything that I've wanted to do.  I told you that I decided to stay here in Australia and that I'm getting married.  But instead of being happy for me, the two of you decided to write me off and disown me as though I never existed.  I've decided that I'm going to live my life the way I want, not the way you planned it for me to live.   If the two of you can't be happy for me, then that's up to you.  I love you both and... I've said all I have to say."  Ruth waited for her parents to say something.  Her mom spoke, "Ruth?  I'm sorry we didn't have this talk a long time ago.   Your father walked out and he was the one who wanted us to disown and break all contact with you.  I'm sorry.  Please forgive me.   I'm very happy for you and I want to be at the wedding.  But I have to go now dear."  Ruth spoke up and said, "Rose, I'll talk to ya later.   Love ya.  Bye."

     And with that final word, Ruth hung up the phone.  Robert came out on the deck and took one look at her face.  He saw tears forming in the corners of her eyes and knew she was gonna need a hug.  He pulled her into a warm hug while she just broke down crying into his shoulder.  Robert had so many questions running through his mind, but he knew to wait and ask them later.  He knew that the only thing his bride-to-be needed right now, was someone to be there for her.  She cried and cried.  He rubbed her back and comforted her the best he could.  Ruth started to calm down and Bindi saw them hugging on the deck.  She smiled.  Ruth had calmed down so they started watching Grace as she came running out to play on her trampoline.  Ruth looked up at Robert and said, "My mom is happy for us, but my Dad left the room and wouldn't say anything.  I think my mom and sisters are gonna try to come but I'll have to get more details."  Robert nodded.  They both smiled as they watched Grace jumping on the trampoline.  Robert whispered in Ruth's ear as he held her from behind, "Can you imagine Grace playing with our kids one day?"  Ruth smiled and nodded.  She could hardly wait for their wedding.  Robert's phone started to ring.  He looked at the number/caller id and said, "Gotta take this."  He stepped inside and went to his room to take the call.  Ruth looked back at Grace before walking over to the trampoline.  She got up on it with Grace.  She jumped and Grace flew up in the air.  Bindi was watching from the kitchen window and smiled.  Ruth caught Grace as she came down from in the air.  They laughed and played for a few more minutes before Ruth remembered the food.  They went inside, Ruth got back on to cooking supper and Grace was taken by her mom and dad to get a bath before supper.  Ruth finished doing the food and put it on the table.  She put it on the table just as Terri came out of the office, Chandler and Bindi came down with Grace from her bath, and Robert came down from his phone call in his room.  They sat down, Robert at the head and Chandler at the other end.  Bindi next to Robert and Grace next to her mom and by her Dad.  Terri was next to Ruth and by Chandler.  Ruth was next to Terri and by Robert.  They all joined hands and prayed.  They all dug in and ate till the food was gone.  Terri said, "Ruth, that was delicious and it's a recipe from your home?"  Ruth nodded.  Robert agreed.

     After the table was cleared and the dishes done, Terri went back to her office, Bindi and Chandler took Grace up for bed, and Robert and Ruth went up to her room to talk.  They talked about her mom and sisters coming for the wedding.  They talked about the bridesmaids and groomsmen.  They also talked about who Robert had talked to on the phone before supper.  It was the realtor that Robert had talked to about finding them a house near the zoo.  After talking for almost two hours, they said their "goodnights," and went to bed.

  After talking for almost two hours, they said their "goodnights," and went to bed

Here's a bonus picture of Robert.

Hey everyone, Thanks so much for the comments, adds, stars and for over 6,000 reads.  I had no idea or dreamt this book would get more than 100 reads.  I'm so blessed.  Sorry I haven't updated in a long time.  I had been busy with work, different holidays, and i got sick on New Years eve.  I am practically better now, just still very congested.  I'm also working on another story.  I have another idea for some stories too.  Would you guys like stories about Dream, Sapnap, George Not Found, and Karl Jacobs?  I was having some ideas about stories for them.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks again! - GodLover