Chapter 30

It was now only 5 days away from Robert and Ruth's wedding.  They were very excited.  Ruth got up, made her bed, did her hair, and was doing her morning devotions when Terri knocked on the door and entered the room.  "Good Morning Ruth!  I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping for your wedding dress?"  Ruth smiled and replied, "I would love to.  I can be ready in about 5 minutes."  Terri smiled and nodded before closing Ruth's door and going down the stairs.  Ruth closed her Bible, prayed, and started to put her shoes on when there was another knock on the door.  She knew by the knock that it was Robert.  "Come in," she said while smiling. He slowly opened the door and saw her getting her shoes on and asked, "What are you doin'? Are we going somewhere?"  Ruth grinned, "I'm putting on my shoes and then I'm going with your mom and Bindi to get a wedding dress.  You are going to stay here and hopefully not see the dress for 5 more days."  He smiled.  He replied while walking over to her, "Well...I wouldn't want any bad luck for our wedding now would I?"  They both laughed.  He hugged her before Terri called up to Ruth, "Ruth, are you ready?  Bindi is putting Grace's shoes on then we're ready."  Ruth called back to Terri, "Okay...I'm coming now."  Ruth looked at Robert, hugged him before running out the door and down the steps.  "I'm ready!" She said happily smiling at Terri, Bindi, and Grace.  They walked out to the car, got in, and drove to a nearby boutique to look at wedding dresses.  Ruth tried on dress after dress till she found her dress.  She pulled out her card to pay for it but then Terri pushed it away and paid for it.  Ruth said, "You didn't have to do that.  I was gonna pay for it..."  Terri cut Ruth off by saying, "I don't want to hear any complaining.  I didn't have two daughters to spoil, so I'd like to spoil you.  Plus, there's some people here to see you."  Ruth turned around and there stood her mom and two sisters.  They all gave each other hugs.  Ruth was so happy, she cried.  She was overjoyed to see her mom and sisters, since she hadn't seen them for over three weeks.  They went out for coffee so that Terri and Bindi could get to know Ruth's mom and sisters.

     Meanwhile, Chandler and Robert were at the zoo, putting a lot of plans for decorations into a perspective.  Robert had originally wanted Ruth to be planning this part with him, but he figured it would be a bit of a surprise anyway.  Chandler had an idea, so he started smiling and said, "Hey, Ruth likes the Crocs here, right?"  Robert replied, "Yeah, why?"  "You guys could have your ceremony in the Crocuseum."  Robert smiled, he loved that idea, but he wanted to make sure Ruth gave her opinion on it.  Chandler then asked if Robert had a suit for the wedding.  Robert nodded and they continued on through the zoo looking at different spots for possible locations. Robert couldn't be more excited about marrying the girl he loved.  He had waited his whole life for the right girl and she had just appeared one day.  His heart was happy at the thoughts running through his mind.  In a few short days, he and Ruth would be married and he could hardly contain his excitement.

Hey everyone, I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating very often.  I've been VERY busy with work and navigating the struggles of daily life.  I also had writers block again for about a month since I posted my previous chapters.  I'm working on some more ideas for others stories too, but before posting any of them, I intend to finish this story.  I think there are only gonna be 40 chapters in all for this story.  So the chapters might be getting a bit shorter from this chapter on.  Thanks so much for reading! - GodLover

Here's a bonus picture...