New Fish

"It's crazy, really" Mingyu sighed as he watched Wonwoo from afar, aware that he wouldn't give him the time of day. "It's been 10 minutes into this academic year, and Jeonghan Hyung and Cheol Hyung are making out. You're being a dick, and Wonwoo Hyung is still not in love with me" Hansol laughed as he turned to glance at Wonwoo.

"He has brains. Isn't it time to give up yet? You've been behind him for years, and he quite frankly doesn't give a shit" Hansol remarked, only to bring a very sour expression onto Mingyu's face. "Shut up. I believe in us, okay!" Mingyu jumped up from his chair before chasing after Wonwoo.

"Can you two stop sucking face" Hansol mumbled, getting up as he swung his bag over his shoulder. He rolled his eyes when he saw Jeonghan lift his middle finger for Hansol before getting more comfortable on Seungcheol's lap.

Hansol shook his head and turned around abruptly, only to hit something or more accurately, someone. "Oh gosh, no no no!" the boy gasped as he tried to gather the music sheets he dropped from the collision.

"What's with the hat, cowboy?" Hansol didn't know why he felt the need to tease the boy before him, but his choice of clothing was far too out of place for him to not comment on.

The boy looked taken aback as he continued piling his papers one above the other. "By the looks of it, you must be the charity case from Jeju-do, huh?" Hansol almost felt bad seeing how the expression on the stranger turned to one of discomfort or maybe insecurity?

"Take a hike, Choi!" Hansol was confused when he saw who the voice belonged to. "Seungcheol Hyung, learn to keep your brother in check, or others like me will have to" Wonwoo sneered before dragging the flustered boy away from him.

"I know it's been hard for you since-" Seungcheol stopped mid-sentence as he noticed Vernon shrink further away from him. "No, don't bring him up. I don't want to hear shit. I'll be smoking outside" Hansol glared at Seungcheol before storming away.

"You shouldn't bring him up, you know" Jeonghan placed his chin on Seungcheol's shoulder as he sat down next to him. "He's my baby brother. After him, Hansol changed Hanie! He's a shell of the person he once was" Seungcheol moved in to hug Jeonghan, who more than happily accepted him into his arms.

"It'll be alright, cheol-ah. Someone will come in again and sweep our Hansol right off his feet."

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"He literally knocked me off my feet, and the papers flew everywhere" Seungkwan ranted as Wonwoo listened carefully, occasionally fixing his glasses on his nose. "I'm so sorry. I'm Seungkwan by the way! Is my outfit that bad like the boy said?" Seungkwan asked the last part in a whisper, already having discarded his hat.

"You look wonderful, don't listen to him. I'm Jeon Wonwoo. I'm a fourth-year in the art department" Wonwoo smiled comfortingly as he turned around, noticing a pair of eyes on him. "He just won't give it up!" Wonwoo exclaimed in annoyance before hiding himself behind his hands.

"Don't ask, Kim Mingyu. He has an obsession of sorts with me. He even went as far as to make the whole university terrified to even talk to me! Possessive asshole and I'm not even his" it was Wonwoo's chance to rant, and Seungkwan listened with interest.

"You have no idea who he is, do you? 1/3 of the royals" Wonwoo sighed before trying his best to explain their dynamic to Seungkwan. "The royals or the utterly stuck up privileged dicks of this place. The one with the really pretty guy on his lap, that's Choi Seungcheol. He's a nice guy and all, but he can be really stuck up when he wants to be" Wonwoo said while looking over his shoulder.

"You should know the guy cuddling up to him, Yoon Jeonghan. If Seungcheol is the King, then Jeonghan is his Queen. He has the guy wrapped around his finger. Then there's Kim Mingyu, otherwise known as my hell on earth" Wonwoo quickly turned back when Mingyu caught him looking.

"I don't know how and I don't know why but he suddenly had a crush on me one fine morning, and he's been bothering me with his horrible pick up lines and cringe little post-it notes on my locker ever since" Seungkwan tried to hold back a laugh as his eyes caught Mingyu glaring at the two.

"Oh, and finally, that little brat who was beyond rude to you. Choi Hansol was never that bad, mostly silent though something happened towards the end of last year. No one knows, but it probably had something to do with this boy Chan leaving, they used to be really close, and Chan had left for Japan because of a student exchange programme. Hansol only showed up for exams after that, and when he did, he made it his job to make everyone feel as miserable as he did.

"Why are they so important?" Seungkwan asked, genuinely curious. "The Choi brothers, Seungcheol and Hansol are the chancellor's beloved sons and Kim Mingyu somehow just fits into the equation. They are at the top of whatever hierarchy this place has" Wonwoo took a sip from his coffee that Seungkwan could've sworn he didn't see before.

"Just don't pay any attention to them. You can always just hang out with Hao and me? Junie too if he isn't too busy for me" Wonwoo spoke as if Seungkwan knew the people he was mentioning. "You didn't tell me which department you're in?" Wonwoo asked, continuing to drink his coffee.

"Music" Seungkwan showed the music sheets in his hand with pure enthusiasm. "You're a first-year, right? I could introduce you to Jihoon, he's my friend, and he's a fourth-year in the music department. Also, there's Joshua Hyung. He's the head prefect, so he'll help you out" Seungkwan nodded, thankful to have met Wonwoo.

"You're also more than welcome to eat lunch with us" Wonwoo added before getting up to leave for class. "Thank you, Hyung" Wonwoo gave a warm smile before walking away.

"Okay, Boo Seungkwan, do not mess this up! You cannot afford to mess this up."

˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦

"지금 난  너와 똑같은 무엇이든 필요해

"지금 너와 똑같은 무엇이든 필요해."

"Now I need something just like you."