Second to no one

"Wonwoo Hyung wait, just listen to me" Seungkwan squirmed in Wonwoo's hold only to be yanked harder. "What? You heard Chan, do you really want to stay for him to use!? To use as a replacement?" Seungkwan refused to look at Hansol as he shook his head softly.

"Vernon, I understand that you might've moved on, but why would you use that name? Was it just to spite me? You told me not to call you that, and you..." Chan trailed off as he looked at Seungkwan apologetically.

"I don't even think you know half of the story. I'm sorry you got dragged into this" Seungkwan shut his eyes tightly at the sound of pity in Chan's voice. Who was he to feel sorry for him? Hansol was with him now, and he would surely explain everything.

Seungkwan refused to let the situation ruin the way he saw Hansol, he wasn't using him, and that was all Seungkwan was sure of. He's not a replacement for Chan like Wonwoo said. He was more than that. He had to be more than just that for Hansol.

"You can use your mouth to talk. You know that, right?" Wonwoo spat viciously at Hansol with his hand only grasping harder around Seungkwan's skin. "He isn't a replacement for you. You know that I can't. You know that I won't" Seungkwan's walls fell down at the simple sentence that shouldn't have hurt as much as it did.

Wonwoo noticed the change in Seungkwan's demeanour but quickly held him up, not wanting the boy to show weakness in front of someone who so easily disregarded him as a mere hook up. "Hey, don't cry" Hansol rushed to Chan's side as he wiped away whatever tear he could.

"I'm right here. I'm sorry" Seungkwan could swear he heard his heart break. He was in the same room as Hansol, yet he walked right past him. He didn't even look at him! Seungkwan desperately searched for Wonwoo's eyes, lips curving down into a trembling pout as tears threatened to fall.

Wonwoo mouthed a 'Not now' and held Seungkwan in place. "I still have to leave. I'll still have to go back to Japan" Chan turned away before walking out of the restroom with his head down.

"Chanie!" Hansol shouted after Chan, only to follow him right out. The moment the door shut behind him, Seungkwan broke down in Wonwoo's arms. There were no words, just a silent understanding.

Wonwoo let himself be pulled to the floor as Seungkwan cried hysterically into his shirt. He tried his best to comfort the boy knowing there was no way he would know exactly how to handle this situation. He only knew one person who would even come close to realising how this felt.

"Wipe your tears. We're going to see Junhui."

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"Just talk to him" Wonwoo pulled Jun from the cafeteria into a spare lecture hall where Seungkwan had cocooned himself in his own jacket. "What happened?" Jun fell to his knees in front of Seungkwan as he went to hold the trembling hand poking out of the jacket.

"Same as what happened with Joshua, just Hansol for a change" Jun's head snapped at the mention of Joshua. "He loves...Hansol?" Seungkwan whined harder at the words making Jun drop the concept of love for now.

"Kwan, look at me" Jun held onto the jacket sleeve before carefully removing it over Seungkwan's head to reveal a puffy face with an expression he knew too well. "You don't have to tell me anything. Just listen to me" Seungkwan hummed in response as he looked up at Jun's comforting smile.

"I want you to know that you're not alone in this, far from it. Unrequited love is cruel, but it's as normal as a common cold, okay? It's not your fault. Trust me. I told myself that I was the one at fault for years, and it's not true" Jun sighed as he seemed to drift off in thought.

"Joshua Hyung?" Jun's lips formed a sad smile as he confirmed the question. "I loved him, I really did, and he knew it. He also knew that it was never going to be me and that it was always Seokmin. I embarrassed myself in every way possible too, if I remember correctly. I begged for him to pick me. I threw a fit outside the music department once. I think at a point, I even put a laxative in Seokmin's milkshake" Wonwoo laughed before quickly composing himself with a 'he actually did'.

"But it was pointless because he still loved him at the end of the day and not me. Now I effortlessly ignore him because if I even see his smile, I know I'll fall again" Jun turned to see Wonwoo's hand on his shoulder.

"You're just fine without him. Who knows? Maybe you're going to find your person soon enough as you forced me to confront mine" Jun chuckled lightly as his attention went back to Seungkwan before opening his arms up for the younger.

"I thought he liked me back. I thought he would love me eventually" Seungkwan finally confessed as he moved into Jun's inviting hug. "He might, but as of now, I need you to focus on yourself for me. Show him just what he lost" Wonwoo seemed to brighten at the idea.

"Oh yes, you will do just that! Have him on his knees for you, Kwanie! I would love to have that sight engraved in my mind" Wonwoo laughed maniacally before going to sit beside Seungkwan as Jun took his place on the other side.

"Whatever happens, you have us" Seungkwan wasn't okay, but there's no way he was going to let Hansol see that. If it's a show he had to put on, he was planning on putting up one hell of a spectacle. After all, he was here to be a musician, an entertainer.

"I'm second to no one. I'll make sure he knows that"

˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦

"모른 채 지날 거리 속에 우린 서로를 기억하기를"

"모른 지날 거리 속에 우린 서로를 기억하기를"

"I hope we remember each other in the streets without knowing."

A/N - let the fun begin~