What kind of future

"Okay, listen up class. You all better have prepared well for today!" Their professor announced as he entered the auditorium with the students seated in the order of presenting.

Seungkwan glanced at his phone, which was blasting up again. He had been avoiding both Wonwoo and Hansol for the past few days. He couldn't wait to go home. He needed a break from everything.

Avoiding Hansol was much easier than Wonwoo since they lived together, but Seungkwan had succeeded so far. After today, he was ready to take his things and head off to Jeju on the first ferry ride that was scheduled 3 hours from now.

His nerves were not supposed to be for Hansol or Wonwoo. Instead, it should be focused on his midterm assessment in a few minutes. "We're the third group to perform" Jihoon looked over the lyrics once more and patted Seungkwan on the shoulder for coming up with the lyrics for the bridge of the song.

"You did great. I love how it feels like you wrote it right from your heart" Seungkwan gave a small smile to Jihoon, if he only knew. Seungkwan had spent the entire night pouring his heart out into the lyrics. It was the only way to let go of his frustration and sadness, to let go of everything he felt for Hansol.

"Oh, and I forgot to mention that the students from the other departments will be in the audience. As singers, you need to be accustomed to performing in front of a crowd" their professor shrugged as he went to open the auditorium doors.

"Welcome, everyone" Seungkwan tried to hide behind Jeonghan after seeing Wonwoo and Jun in the group of students. "Ah the royals, hello boys" the professor patted Seungcheol's shoulder as he stepped in, followed by the other two. Seungkwan turned his head right after seeing Mingyu's silhouette.

He knew who would walk in last, and he didn't want to see him. Seungkwan could swear he felt Hansol's eyes staring at the back of his head, but he shook the thought away and focused on the lyrics. He wouldn't dare mess this up for anyone.

As the first and second performances got over, the nerves only increased for the boys. "Bunny, it's not too late to change to the botany and zoology department, right? I'd be a great gardener" Joshua laced his fingers with Seokmin's to calm his boyfriend down.

"We're up" Jihoon, who was surprisingly calm, got up along with Jeonghan who had a similar expression on his face. "Do you both not experience fear?" Seokmin asked, tightening his hold on Joshua's hand.

"I only experience fear for Soonyoung" Jihoon walked ahead as the others waited to hear Jeonghan speak. "Oh, I just love the attention. Let's go!" Jeonghan grabbed Seungkwan's hand before pulling him up and waiting for Seokmin and Joshua to follow.

The moment Seungkwan stepped on stage, he could've sworn the nerves just disappeared. He loved this. He loved performing. Seungkwan closed his eyes as the music started, waiting to hear Joshua start the song.

Jihoon's composition was beautiful without a doubt. Seungkwan opened his eyes to see that almost everyone in the auditorium was holding their breath so as not to miss even a single beat or lyric of the song. He could've sworn there was a tear or two on Mingyu's face as he clung to Wonwoo.

After all, the song was about losing the one you love, not being certain of what the future holds for two people who still wanted one together. Seungkwan's ears perked up hearing Seokmin sing. He knew it was going to be him next.

Involuntary his eyes fell on Hansol, who was forcing all his attention on him, only him. Why did he look at him like that when he was in love with someone else? How cruel can you be, Choi Hansol? Seungkwan was mad, he was upset, and boy was he in love.

오고 가는 마음이 하나 사이 행복했던 우리
이젠 함께 있지 않은
보기 싫은데도 보고싶어
미운데도 그리워 하는
나도 알수가 없더라
우리에게 과연 어떤 미래가 올다는  건지?
하늘이 답을 주지 않아서
호근 내가 멍청 해소 도저히 알수가 없더라