If I get to love you

The light on the bed stand was Seungkwan's favourite thing about his room. He had stuck photos of everything he loved around the moon-shaped light. He wished he had a picture of Wonwoo to stick on it, one of Jun too and the others. Maybe one of Hansol too.

He kept turning it on and off as he watched the pictures light up intermittently. "Why are you here, sol?" Seungkwan had his face pressed against the pillow and attention on the photos that he didn't see the door to his room opening slowly.

"So I can explain myself" Hansol stood by the door as he awkwardly waved at a shocked Seungkwan. "This is my room! How did you get here? Get out of my room" Hansol sighed in desperation as he walked closer to Seungkwan's bed.

"I will scream" Seungkwan's threat didn't even come out as one when Hansol sat beside him on the bed. "Why are you getting in? Get out" Seungkwan watched as Hansol got under his blanket before putting his head against his shoulder and looping his arm with Seungkwan's.

"I miss you" Seungkwan turned stiff at the feeling of Hansol's lips grazing against his skin. "You didn't hear the entire thing. You should've waited to hear everything I said" Seungkwan tried to take his hands back to no avail.

"I heard enough" Seungkwan leaned his head against the headboard, trying to ignore the person who was pressed against his side. "I wasn't talking about him" Seungkwan grew silent as he waited for Hansol to continue.

"I love him, I always will" Seungkwan really wanted to slap Hansol for getting into bed with him to say that, but he continued the sentence before Seungkwan could get violent. "But I'm not in love with him. How can I be when I'm in love with you?" Seungkwan sat up completely to stare at Hansol in disbelief.

"You're what!?" Hansol laughed at Seungkwan's face, following his action to get closer to him. "You heard me. I'm in love with you. I hate myself for taking all this time to say it" Hansol closed the gap between them as he pressed his lips against Seungkwan's.

Seungkwan couldn't believe this was actually happening. It felt so good. He wanted him? He loved him? So many thoughts were going through Seungkwan's head, but something always had to go wrong.

"GET OFF MY SON!" Hansol could've sworn he felt his heart sink to his stomach as he saw the outline of the man standing by Seungkwan's bedroom door with a tennis racket in his hand.

"Oh no" Seungkwan voiced his concern and quickly sat in front of Hansol, trying his best to shield him. "Is he going to throw that at me?" Hansol whispered into Seungkwan's ear as he crouched behind him. "I think he plans on hitting you with it" Seungkwan answered, quite unsure.

"Splendid!" Seungkwan's father advanced into the room as Hansol tried his best to stay behind Seungkwan. But seconds later, he found himself running around the room with the older male chasing him almost as quickly.

"Hansol run, he played pro tennis! This isn't going to end well for you."

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"What happened to you?" Hansol winced as he sat down next to Jeonghan. "A middle-aged man spanked me with a tennis bat" everyone was beyond surprised by the statement except for Minghao, who silently sipped his tea.

"I've heard worse" everyone's attention was now directed at Minghao, but it was quickly stolen by a new addition to the table whose mere sight already had Hansol bowing in his seat.

"Good morning, Hansol" Mr Boo smirked as the rest of the family soon joined the breakfast table. Seungkwan mumbled a quick 'sorry' before passing Hansol. "Good morning, Sir" Seungkwan's father chuckled lightly at the nervousness in his voice.

"Don't think I hate you. Just next time, don't sneak into my son's room at 2 am to make out with him" Hansol nodded understandingly as the others at the table exchanged confused looks between themselves.

"Appa, when did you reach yesterday?" Seungkwan asked, wanting to change the topic as soon as possible. "Around 2 itself, I heard someone in your room, and I caught this one red-handed" Hansol smiled awkwardly as he tried to avoid confrontation any further.

"You could say he was caught red assed" Mingyu laughed to himself before shutting up, knowing that his dad joke wasn't going to get appreciated even by the dad in the room.

"Seungkwan, there is an event next week at the Jeju seafront cafe! You and your friends should perform" Sojeong said, already well aware of how much Seungkwan loves performing at the cafe. It used to be one of his favourite things to do growing up, and people used to come there just to hear him sing.

"How about it, Jihoon Hyung?" Jihoon shrugged with a smile playing on his lips. "I was writing something new yesterday, so if we have enough practice then we might just be able to perform it" Seokmin clasped his hands excitedly as he looked between the five of them.

"I have to take this call. It's my dad" Mingyu interrupted the cheerful aura with a rather upset look on his face worrying everyone, especially Wonwoo. "Is everything okay?" Mingyu shrugged half-heartedly before leaving the table.

"Not again" Minghao was next to get up, along with Seungcheol and Hansol as they followed behind Mingyu. "What happened to everyone, smile! Try the clams" Mr Boo said happily. "Ask Bin to take you all on clear boat rides. You have to get on one when you visit Jeju" everyone nodded excitedly except Wonwoo, who was debating whether or not to follow the three but decided otherwise.

Soonyoung had found a newfound respect for Seungkwan's father. Making it his mission to learn as much as possible from him before going back home. He was definitely going to come back to Jeju for this man.

"How many times exactly did you spank him? You did great, by the way!"

˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦

"가장 어두운 밤에 온기가 되어준 너

"가장 어두운 밤에 온기가 되어준 너."

"You became the warmth on the darkest night."