My Boo

'You promised to keep the window open when I fight with him' such a simple text was all it took for Hansol to be wrapped up in his arms with the comfort of a worn-out blanket and his very shitty heating keeping not a single person warm.

"Want to talk about it?" Seungkwan whispered into Hansol's ear as he played with the fluffy mess of hair that belonged to the boy he was holding. "No" Seungkwan hummed in response, having a good enough idea that it was probably something about Chan.

"What is wrong with me, Jeju-do?" Hansol played with the hem of Seungkwan's shirt as he unconsciously let his fingers graze Seungkwan's bare skin under the material. "What's wrong with you?" Seungkwan retorted as he placed his chin atop Hansol's head.

"Why do I keep wanting something that I can't have?" Seungkwan stopped his movements. Hansol's question was a little too close to what Seungkwan was feeling for him. He knew wanting Hansol while he still craved for Chan was wrong. Besides, none of that matters since Hansol doesn't even like him like that.

Yet he was here in his arms for comfort and not in Chan's? 'Stop being irrational' Seungkwan repeated in his head. Of course, Hansol can't cry about Chan to the said boy, and Seungkwan did offer to be a source of comfort for Hansol if he needed him to.

"What does this have to do with your father?" Seungkwan diverted the topic, not wanting to talk about Chan. He barely knew the boy, but he could sense how perfect Chan was from literally the mouths of all the friends he had to call his own.

"He sent Chan to Japan as far away from me as possible because he's from a poor family, and he can't accept that, the cherry on top being that he's a boy" there's the third problem! How different was he from Chan? Exactly, not very different.

This was stupid. Why was Seungkwan having an internal debate with his mind while he was supposed to be there for Hansol? "Oh, that's not very nice of him. But isn't Seungcheol Hyung also with a boy? Last I checked, Jeonghan Hyung was not of the female species" Hansol let out a small laugh making Seungkwan release a breath he didn't know he was holding. It felt so good to hear Hansol laugh again, even if it was as little as the one that just escaped his mouth.

"He's the mayor's son, and besides, it's Seungcheol Hyung. He always liked him more" Seungkwan could sense that Hansol's relationship was not the best with his father, but what about his mother?

"Where is your mother? Can't you guys live with her? I'm sorry if it's a sensitive topic. You don't have to tell me" he heard from Wonwoo that the chancellor was separated from his wife, and it would definitely not be a nice topic to bring up in case it was going to trigger Hansol further.

"Mothers, we don't have the same mother" Seungkwan was confused, to say the least, but shut up and waited for Hansol to continue. "I never knew really knew my mother. She was an exchange student right here in this university under him" Hansol scoffed in disgust.

"Knocked her up while he was still married to Cheol Hyung's mother, and when she left for America, he didn't know she was pregnant with me. When he found out though, he fought every legal battle he could to take me from her and bring me here. He was never really sweet to me but I had my Eomma" Hansol gripped onto Seungkwan harder.

"She wasn't just Cheol Hyung's mother. She was mine too" Seungkwan just held Hansol tightly as he spoke, worried that he'd collapse if he released his grip on him. "And then he took us away from her too, she tried so hard to get custody of us, but he wouldn't let her" Seungkwan left small kisses on Hansol's hair in an attempt to make him feel safe where he was right now, in his arms.

"He takes all the good things away from me. I'm scared he'll take you too."

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"This is absolutely confusing to watch" Joshua whispered to Jeonghan as they watched Mingyu openly flirt with Wonwoo as he usually does, except this time Wonwoo was blushing visibly and trying to hide his smile on Mingyu's shirt.

"Wait, what world am I in? Why isn't Wonwoo Hyung pushing Mingyu's face away from his?" Seokmin almost dropped his tray as he came to sit beside Joshua, placing a small kiss on his cheek and taking the elder by surprise.

"Hey bunny" Joshua closed his eyes in contentment at the endearment that he loved so much as he let Seokmin give him an Eskimo kiss. "And this is absolutely disgusting to watch" Jihoon mumbled from the other side of the table, not caring whether Wonwoo was trying to kill Mingyu or kiss Mingyu.

"Jihoonie!" Jihoon visibly flinched as Soonyoung dropped his bag and then later himself right next to where Jihoon was sitting. "This is why Santa isn't real, I ask that man every year to make Soonyoung leave me alone, and every year he just bothers me more" Jihoon didn't really care that Soonyoung was right next to him as he continued to complain.

"Maybe he just doesn't like you, and he likes me because I asked him to give me my Jihoonie as soon as it fits his schedule because, I mean, as a single man having to do so much in such a short amount of time, we shouldn't demand anything from him" everyone stared at Soonyoung like he was clearly out of it before accepting it as a Soonyoung thing and moving onto other topics of discussion.

"Seungcheol's been weird all day" Jeonghan sighed as he rested his head on Joshua's shoulder. "Is he flustered because of me? Am I that attractive today?" Before Joshua could give an answer, Seungcheol was in his peripheral vision making his way towards their table, except he didn't look like his usual, cheerful self. He looked scared, if anything.

"Jeonghan, we need to talk."

˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦

"이 밤이 지나면 함께 웃을 수 있길

" 밤이 지나면 함께 웃을 있길."

"I hope we can laugh together after this night."