Manifest Destiny

(Cell's POV)

This woman...

Cell still was in shock at what had transpired earlier today. He grumbled remembering he wanted to keep his distance from her. And here he was, sitting on her couch in her home. He hated that he was somehow drawn back to her. He had orders from Gero to complete! A destiny to follow! He cannot just be led astray by this woman! Just then, he recalled what she said.

"You are more than strength, more than a machine made to carry out someone's orders. You have personality and things maybe you don't see yet. Not because you lack the intellect, but because you've never had the chance to discover them"

He grasped his face once more and groaned. Why did the woman have to say that?! Her words are like honey, he can't help but lap up her silly fantasies. He had to be honest and agree that he may have to learn about her humanity to understand these strange feelings. As much as it sickened him. He had no choice, Gero's lab was destroyed, and he couldnt exactly find another human as stupid as her to teach him these concepts. He sank deeper into the couch, it whined in protest at his weight. To think a human would be teaching him anything is unbelievable. But perhaps her words held some truth. His opponents trained in ways beyond just brute strength. Maybe that is the key to their power!

His demeanor instantly perked up at the thought of this. If he were to train mentally along with physically, he would be able to best them and rid them from this world.  He would study the woman and he would conquer the planet, and destroy all who inhabited it. His thoughts were cut off by loud snores. His eyes softened.

"There is more to you than just your strength or some predestined path"

Cell looked down at her. She had flipped over in her sleep, her chest rising and falling gently. Perhaps the woman is right. God, he hated thinking that. Maybe he should act as he pleases. After all, Gero was long dead, and pretty much nothing had gone as planned. He thought with his hand on his chin. Yep, he still definitely wanted to end his enemies, but to destroy the world... no. This thought surprised him. But why not? His eyes trained back to y/n. He stared hard at her. Focusing on her lips, tracing his eyes to her breasts, as they heaved ever so gently with her breathing. He blushed deeper, and kept staring. He felt his heart thumping in his ears. His eyes traced further, her loose shorts showed a trace of her panties. He thought of what could be behind them. Cell gulped hard. Why is this exciting to him? He barely understood this feeling, just that he enjoyed staring at her. It stirred something primarily in his core, an intense feeling. He tried to refocus his thoughts. Why did he not want to destroy the world? It hit him immediately.

He wouldn't want to hurt her.

Now, this was perplexing. She was just a human. Weak with short lifespans. She was not perfect like him. She was smaller and weaker than most humans. But why does she cause him this turmoil?! When he is with her, he sometimes forgets his purpose. Nothing has ever made him forget his purpose, so why does such a weak woman do so?

Cell gripped at his head. He felt as if she was driving him mad! Her voice would creep into his mind every day, and the sound of it lured him in. Her smell, her face, her body. It made something unknown rise from his depths.  Cell began to sweat profusely. Perhaps he should kill her? Then these feelings may go away. But as soon as this thought crossed his mind, he felt his gut grow empty and cold. But if he did, he wouldn't see her again. She would be gone. But why does he care?

He gritted his teeth. So many opposing thoughts crossed his mind. Should he defy destiny and do as he pleased? Is there even such a thing as destiny? It didn't play out the way it was destined to. He stared at y/n, she began to toss and turn before getting comfortable again.

Why should he even follow a predestined path? The woman doesn't. She follows how she feels, and allows her emotions to influence her but, in a kind way as she always says. He groaned once more. He was not too sure about being kind like her, but he knew one thing.

He was far more than a pawn for revenge.

With this thought, every doubt, every opposing thought about destiny faded. He would follow his own path. Not one made by someone else. He smiled softly. The woman was right. He sighed aloud again. Thank god she is not able to see him like this or even hear him give her credit for something. She would never let up.

He stood up and lifted y/n off the ground. She snuggled closer to his chest. Cell blushed and stared at her sleeping face. It was sort of funny, she drooled slightly at the corner of her mouth but smiled against his warmth.

"I want to do this'' he said quietly, as he opened her door and wrapped her into her blankets. He closed the door softly and turned off her video game. He let the tension that had built up in his body release.

Tomorrow, he promised to himself, I will ask y/n about this feeling.