1. Aftermath

After having lost to The Mad Titan, Loki, Thor, and Ryanne immediately enter the palace, not dealing with everyones confusion as to what had just happened. Left and right, loved ones were turning to dust before their eyes. They fear they are to perish next. 

   Thor takes off to his chambers and Loki watches as Ryanne roams the halls in fascination. The enjoyment that is shown on her face makes Loki smile wildly. There's so much he wants to show the dark haired girl. 

   "This seems to just go on and on," she breaks the silence. "It must be fun to be a child and spend your days running and playing in here."

   "It was if you had others to play with," the lonely prince lets out. 

   She furrows her brows. 

   A sigh escapes his lips. "I was always the odd one out. I never really had any friends. Books were my friends," he pauses and chuckles to himself. "My mother would tell me how I'm not like the other children on Asgard. Her exact words were 'You are special,'" he smiles at her memory and shakes his head. 

   Yes, indeed he was different all right. The god of mischief discovered a while before his mothers death that he was not Asgardian. He was in fact a Frost Giant, Asgard's enemy. After the battle in Jotunheim, Odin had found him when he was only a baby, on a rock, and decided to take him in as his own. His hope was to unite the two kingdom's one day through the child. Of course, those plans never came out to be. 

   "You must have been really close with her,"  her mouth twitches. Loki only looks at the ground as they walk the halls not wanting to talk about his deceased mother. "So you say you enjoy reading. Take me to your collection then," she smirks.

   "An even better idea. Allow me to take you to the grand palace library," he tries to lighten up his mood with knocking out one place off of his list. 

    She raises her brows in amusement and off they go.

~~~

   As soon as they enter, Ryanne looks up to admire the delicate chandelier hanging above them. Loki turns to his dear old friend Freya who is in charge of the library in the palace. She stays by her desk and nearly chokes on her beverage at the sight of the runaway prince. 

   "Loki? I can't believe it," the old woman says as she places her glasses on her nose. 

   "The one and only," he opens his arms out for her. 

   "You haven't came in here for a while now."

   "I was on Midgard actually."

   "Midgard?" her eyes widen. "Wow. And who is this young lady," she turns to Ryanne.

   "I'm Ryanne," she raises her hand for her to shake.

   "Such a pretty name for a pretty girl. You must be friends with the Lady Sif," she smiles.

   Ryanne furrows her brows and looks up at Loki only for him to shrug his shoulders. It is common for a woman to wear dresses in Asgard. Sif however does not follow the status quo. Neither does Ryanne for that matter. 

   "My mistake," Freya apologizes. "Well please help yourself, my prince. I'll be right here if you need anything," she retreats back to her desk. "And I'd love to hear about your adventures on Midgard."

   After a quick smile of appreciation is given to the woman, Ryanne walks down the grand stairs, sliding her hand smoothly down the railing. They reach the bottom, and she turns around not knowing which side to discover first.

   "Over here," he motions his hand for her to follow in his direction. He leads her all the way to the corner of the library where there's a seating area and beautiful flower arrangements surrounded by the towering book cases. Nothing but a sweet tune from an antique gramophone can be heard back here.