7. Thoughts inside my head

What's taking Thor so long? Loki is worried his brother won't show up to his own coronation. The fact that people aren't appearing out of no where worries him too. None the less, Loki dresses himself and is ready to hand his brother his father's staff. It is tradition for the father to do it, but that's not an option now is it.

   As he places his helmet on his head in the mirror, he catches movement on the bed made by Ryanne. She's waking up. For some reason, she chooses to lay by Loki every night, and he doesn't know why. The thing is, it's not some sneaky link that she's pulling. Every night she comes into his chambers and just... sleeps. Loki doesn't complain though. He enjoys watching her in her most peaceful state when she's resting. 

   "All dressed and suited up I see," she rubs her tired eyes and smirks slightly. He turns around and blushes. 

   "It's nothing really. I-" he notices her staring at him charmed. He smiles and licks his lip. "Let me get you a dress for tonight." Her smile quickly draws down to a frown. "Only if you want to of course," he shoots up. 

   Ryanne lets out a sigh. "I'm not really one much for corsets."

   Loki's disappointed but he doesn't let it show. "I apologize my lady."

   "What, am I your lady now?" she furrows her brows. 

   "You are here in my chambers. Are you not?" he says playfully. 

   Her jaw drops shocked at his words, and she pulls the sheets from her to get up. "I belong to no one," she attempts to make her way out. 

   "Oh yea?" his mood changes and he grabs her hand to stop her as she tries to leave. "Then help me understand why you come here every night." He turns her around so she's now facing him. 

   She swallows hard. "I don't like to be lonely is all."

   "That's it?" He was expecting more. She nods her head. 

   "Was there something you wanted me to say? Do you want to say something to me?" she raises a brow hoping it's what she thinks it to be. 

   Loki licks his lips not wanting to give into her game. "Why would you think that?"

   "Because I know you. And right now you're nervous."

   "I am not!"

   "Yes you are," she laughs and takes a few steps back. "Odinson... do you have feelings for me?"

   "That's ridiculous," he looks away. 

   "No it's cute," she smirks and shortens the distance between them. "It's okay to admit it," she nods. 

   "There's nothing to admit," he looks back in her brown eyes. "I care for you yes, but not like the way you think." Ryanne's smirk drops, and her face rests. Loki can't handle looking at her any longer and not saying how he feels. He makes his way to the terrace and looks out to the view of Asgard. "I think you should leave," he lets out, his back to Ryanne. 

   He hears her steps becoming less audible as she leaves his chambers for good. He turns around to see that she's gone. Was I too harsh? No this couldn't possibly be my fault. How can she look in my eyes and completely lie to my face? The reason she comes to me is more than just her pure loneliness. I know it. 

~~~

   "Is it so bad that I just enjoy his company?" Ryanne says to herself as she storms out frustrated. "No no, he has to hear me say it, doesn't he? Ughh I hate him."

   "Hate who?" A charming dirty blonde says as he passes her in the halls and comes to a stop. 

   "No one... Who are you and why should I care?"

   "Ouch," The man lets outs. "I'm Fandral. A member of the Warriors Three. And you are?"

   "I'm Ryanne," she raises a brow.

   "I've never seen you here before? However... I have seen you sneak into a specific person's chambers late at night," he brings his lips in to hold his smile. 

   "I do not sneak in," she lowers her eyes to the floor embarrassed but looks back up immediately. The real question is why he lingers around Loki's chambers at night.

   "It's alright. I know how difficult Loki can be. What I want to know is how he found a pretty girl like you?"

   Once again. What is wrong with men? I am not something to be found. "He just did." She doesn't want to give him the wrong impression that she's a thief by saying he was sent to chase her for stealing the tesseract. I mean yes, she is a thief, but she's trying to be better. 

   He nods his head accepting that she won't go any further. "You don't seem to be the kind of person who opens up very easily. You also look like someone with a good story."

   "Is it because I'm in pants?" she says bluntly. 

   "Quite frankly... yes," he smiles making her roll her eyes. "You can't blame me. The only other person I know who dresses like you is-"

   "Sif?"

   "Well... yes. Do you know her?"

   "No but I'm betting I should considering you're not the first person to say that."

   "Well it is indeed odd." 

   She gives him a look. 

   "None the else, it intrigues me... in a good way," he points out. "Where are you off to anyway?"

   She takes a moment to think and gives in to the temptation. "I was just on my way to pick out an outfit for the coronation."

   "I hope I'll see you there," he smirks.  

   "Do you flirt with everyone?" she's curious. 

   He lets out a chuckle and looks at the ground. "I'll see you around Ryanne," he winks before taking off. 

   She shakes her head not believing that encounter just happened. 

~~~

   With his newly forged axe, Thor lands on the Bifrost in front of Heimdall who no longer serves any purpose to Thor when he needs to travel. 

   Heimdall sees the disappointed look on his face. "I take it things didn't go as planned?"

   "Unfortunately they did not," he tries to avoid eye contact with the gate keeper. 

   "Thor, I don't want you to feel this burden that you have placed upon your shoulders."

   "You needn't fear. I won't let it affect what needs to be done."

   "You will do great things for your people. I know it."

   Thor still avoiding his golden eyes sighs. He is not in the mood to hear encouraging words coming out of his mouth. I don't deserve it. And with that, he decides to walk instead of fly to the palace. Maybe his mind will become more clearer before everything changes for Asgard.