3. Hope

The Asgardian, Ryanne, takes a public ship that transports people from the palace and into the city to visit a friend. As she walks down the streets where venders would sell their products, she thinks back to when she would steal them without getting caught. Hey, she had to do what she had to do to survive. 

    The majority of Asgardians live lavish lifestyles. About 1% of the people were like her. But since half the population disappeared, you could revise that to 0% now.

    The streets are emptier than she remembers them to be. No one is yelling for others to try their fish. It's sad. The people need something to look forward to through these tough times. Maybe that will be the coronation, like Loki said. 

   Ryanne sees a familiar face with golden locks and sneaks up behind her with a knife in her hand. "Thought you were gonna get away," she pushes Lily against the wall and brings the knife to her neck.

   "Ryanne?" her eyes are wide. The brunette smiles and backs up while returning her knife back to her pocket. Lily laughs in disbelief. "I can't believe you're here. I thought you were dead. People were worried about you."

   "You know me, always getting myself into trouble."

   "What happened with your plan? Did you get the tesseract?"

   "Yea,"  she scoffs. 

   "And your mother? Is she alright?" Ryanne shakes her head and that answers her question. "Aww, you poor thing. Come over, let me host you."

   Ryanne raises a brow. "Have you rekindled your relationship with your parents?"

   Lily has been kicked out by her father due to finding out she's been ruined. A woman's virtue is very important in Asgard. Especially if you are a Lady like Lily.    

   "Not exactly. The house I'm staying at might be unoccupied at the moment, so I thought I'd keep it warm and cozy in case the owners decide to pop back."

    "How generous of you," she teases.

   "Where are you staying? I think I know another house around the corner that's empty as well."

   "No need. Believe it or not but I'm actually staying at the palace."

   Lily raises her brows in shock. "Care to explain?"

   The girl in trousers bites her lip. "I've gotten quite close to the prince these past couple of weeks."

   "Ryanne," she gasps. "Thor, the god of thunder or Loki, the god of mischief?"

   "Which one do you think?" Ryanne smirks.

   She smiles back. "Yes, definitely Loki. I see it now. So how close are we talking?" she winks.

    Ryanne shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. It's still all new to me."

   "Does he know who you are?" she sounds concerned.

   "You mean, that I'm a rat on the street? Yea, he does." Lily is shocked. " Loki just gets me, you know? I don't really know what we are, and I also don't want to ruin it-" 

   "Does this mean I'll get to see the inside of the palace?" Lily interrupts her with excitement.

   "I'll see if I can squeeze in a little tour for you," Ryanne winks back.

A/N: This is Lily

~~~

   "Prince Thor, all of the names of the fallen have been collected by the people like you've asked of them. What do you want us to do with them?" a member of the Council asks him. 

   Thor swallows hard and hesitates if he should let out his question. "How many?"

   Tyrion looks at the list and takes a moment before he drops the bomb. "twenty thousand people."

   Thor's eyes widen and he gets taken back. What was he expecting? This is certainly half of Asgard's population. It leaves about 25,000 still standing. "I want a monument," he tries to get out his words. "I want a monument built with all the names written on it." I will not bury the dead but have it out for everyone to see... For me to see. 

   "Yes sir," he bows. 

   "Will there be a coronation or should we just a hand you the Allfather's staff," another one speaks out in the meeting. 

   "Why do you suggest on not having one?" Thor unintentionally intimidates him. 

   "Well... No offense... but it may be, I don't know... inappropriate," he stutters. "You know, after the whole incident."

   Thor sighs and shakes his head. He's right. This is the last thing the people want.

   "If I may impose," Loki joins in the conversation after just observing. "I think a coronation is due. There's nothing more the people love than to see a new King rise. We mustn't take that away from them," he looks at his brother for a reaction who shows no emotion. 

   "Whatever the future King decides on," the man says. 

   Thor stays silent and Loki can see he is very uncomfortable. "An anonymous vote then," the god of mischief springs up. 

   In front of them on the table appears a small sheet of paper and ink with the help of Loki's magic. All 10 men in the room right down their vote and drop it into the basket. Once they've all been dropped, Loki draws a random one and reads the slip. 

   "We are to go ahead with my brother's coronation," he smiles as he turns the slip around for the men to read it. "Alright then. This meeting is adjourned. Leave us," Loki orders, and they all walk out of the room. Loki looks to his brother who is still burdened with immense guilt. "Let me help you brother," he approaches him. 

   "How?"

   "I can make you forget."

   Thor looks up from his lap to meet the trickster's green eyes. "I don't want to forget."

   "Oh come on. The pain is eating at you. It'll become all too much and consume you. Just let me-"

   "I said no," he yells. "What don't you get Loki. I will not have your pity."

   "Well you need help. If not from me, then from someone else." Loki let's out the breath he was holding in. "It pains me to see you like this."

   "How are you not falling apart. You... you were there."

   Loki swallows hard and bites his lip. "Do you want the truth?" Thor furrows his brows and waits for him to continue. "I honestly could not care. I must be the luckiest person because I didn't lose anyone significant to me. It was Odin's time already so I don't let that get to me. Yes, I was there and watched the whole thing happen. I watched as you came in last second when we had already lost. There is nothing you can do about it," he pauses. "Well..." 

   "What?"

   "If we find Thanos, we could snap back everyone that disappeared."

   "Loki, you're a genius."

   "I am?"

   "I'm going to Midgard to see if they found anything new about his location," Thor's guilt suddenly turns into hope. 

   "You plan to have me handle everything for you while you're gone?"

    "I'll be back before you know it, just in time for the coronation. Who knows, we might not even need to proceed with it." 

   "I'll be counting on it."

A/N: Don't hold your breath Thor... How many votes I get on this chapter is how long it take Thor to realize... so yk, help a guy out ;)