24. The Defenders

As soon as Valkyrie opens her eyes, she sees that she's somewhere she'd never thought she'd be retuning to. Asgard. 

   "You bitch," she curses at Angela who has a bandage on the mark Valkyrie left with her dagger.  Brunnhilde sits up on the bed and rubs her neck to where the shocker Angela used once was. 

   "Ouch," she teases.

   "You shocked me like I was some contender to bring to the Grandmaster." She's furious as she should be. 

   "And you were going to take our ship and leave me on Heven."

   "It's only fair for what you did to me on Sakaar."

   Angela rests her face, swallows hard, then takes a step closer to her. "I don't know how many times I can say that I'm sorry."

   "I thought I knew who you were, but clearly I don't. I didn't know you well enough to know that a promise means nothing to you, and I don't know you now.  So, please. Don't hold your breath. I don't need anything form you other than my ship." She attempts to stand up and walk out of the room in the palace she was in. 

   "I'm not an Angel," she blurts out making Valkyrie turn her back so she could face Angela. 

   "What do you mean?" she pouts her lips and furrows her brows. 

   Angela sighs and then continues. "I'm Asgardian." After a long moment of silence Valkyrie breaks out into a laughter. "What's so funny?"

   "You crack me up Angela... Angela?" she furrows her brows. "Is that even your real name?"

   "Yes it is," Angela shortens the distance between them. "And I'm the heir to the throne."

   Valkyrie stops laughing and stares at her ex lover's green eyes. Suddenly she's forgotten how to breathe. "Why are you telling me all of this?" She lets out with her voice low. 

   "Because," Angela reaches for her hand thinking she would pull it away. She doesn't. "I don't want you to leave. I want you to give me another chance. To give us another chance. But for you to do that, there has to be no more secrets."

Valkyrie always seems to know what to say, but in this moment, she's at a loss of words.  

   "I know what caused you to leave Asgard in the first place. So if you want to leave, I'll understand... Please don't," she looks up from Valkyrie's hand to her eyes. "Whatever problems we have, we can get through them. I know we can."

   "Angela..."

   "Please don't leave me. I know I don't deserve it for what I did to you. I know that." Tears are streaming down her face, making their way down to her lips. "I don't know what got over me. If I could take it back I would. Please believe that I would." Angela brings her forehead to rest on Valkyries.

   Valkyrie takes Angela's face in her hands and wipes her tears away. "Despite how much I want to walk out that door... I won't."

   Angela feels her heart skip a beat and widens her eyes. 

   "Leaving wouldn't only break you, it'd break me too. And I don't want to get used to the constant drinking. I prefer myself more when I'm sober."

   Angela sniffles her nose and smiles. "I prefer you more when your sober too," she wipes away a tear. 

   "I'm not gonna stop drinking..."

   "I know..."

   The two stay silent just looking at each other and their chests rising. "Are you gonna keep staring, or are you gonna kiss me?" Valkyrie breaks the silence.