10. No where to hide

At the banquet hall is where everyone eats, combusts in chatter, and dances. Music is played by a few, but there's no difference when it comes to Loki. All he could hear, or try to hear, is the amusing conversation Ryanne seems to be having with Fandral. What's she doing with him? He watches as she laughs in the distance from another one of his jokes. 

   "I've had enough of this," he lets out. He swallows the liquid in his cup whole until it is empty. He forcibly hands it to the nearest person before confidently making his way to the loudest group in the room. 

   "Loki!" Fandral raises his arms. 

   He is wasted. Loki thinks to himself.

   "I was wondering when you'd stop staring and join us," Fandral laughs and puts his arm around Ryanne. This gesture makes Loki swallow hard. 

   "Ryanne could I speak to you in private?" he raises his brows. 

   Ryanne and Fandral grin at each other before he removes his arm to allow her to follow Loki. He leads her to where Fandral's eyes can't follow. 

   "You're speech up there, it was cute." She smirks trying to get something out of him. 

   "It wasn't my best," he shrugs off. 

   "Why's that?"

   "I was distracted," he stops and looks at her. "I see you've chosen to wear a dress. Did Fandral pressure you?"

   Ryanne is seen wearing a long, grey, fair, modest dress with sequins and designs on the top half.

   "What?" she furrows her forehead. 

   "I assume you two have something..."

   She bursts into laughter. "No, Loki I just met him."

   "It didn't look like that from where I was standing."

   She drops her jaw slightly then picks it up with a smile she can't shake off. "Loki... are you jealous? I think I'm sensing a bit of jealousy," she blushes. 

   "Why'd you wear the dress?" his tone is serious.

   "Because I wanted to," she matches his energy.

   He rolls his eyes and storms off down the hall to join the party once again. 

   "Loki wait." She tries to call out, but he has already left. "Drama Queen." She says under her breath and lets out a sigh then walks back in as well. She immediately sees him walking to a group of ladies and grabs one's hand to dance. She is in disbelief, and shakes her head. Two can play this game. 

   She walks over to Fandral's charming self and tells him she wants to dance. 

   "Well, I would be foolish to decline a ladies offer." He stands on his feet and reaches his hand out for her to place hers in. 

   They join the crowd of people who waltz around the ballroom. 

   "How is your Loki problem?" Fandral asks as they dance. 

   "He's being so stubborn," she huffs. "I don't know what he wants."

   "Don't you think he might feel the same way," he raises a brow.

   "Well, he better come out and say it then. I've grown annoyed."

   Fandral spins her around, and she lands in another mans arms. He is much shorter than she. 

   "Well you are quite lovely," the man admires his new partner. Ryanne smiles awkwardly and continues to dance with the stranger. "I've never seen you here before? Who's your father young girl."

   "I don't have a father," she replies. 

   "A mother?"

   Ryanne's silence answer his question. 

   "You know, I think I remember you from somewhere."

   Her eyes widen not ready for what the man is about to say. 

   "Yes, it was my son. He told me how you stayed with him. And when he woke, his jewelry was gone. Wow, you look different indeed, Ryanne all dressed up. I almost didn't recognize you. I'll need payment for the things you stole."

   "I'm so sorry, truly. But I have no money."

   "I've heard you paid off your debts other ways."

   "Sir!" she can't believe what she's hearing. "I'm not the same girl I was. I've changed."

   "I can see that. You're in the palace now," he points out. "Now I know where to find you."

   "Are you threatening me?" He knows I can kill him right here. 

   "I will get what is owed to me," He spins her around, and she is in the middle of the dance floor with no partner. 

   The whole room spins before her. He'll tell others that I'm in the palace. They'll come for me. Her breathing gets heavy as she starts to panic. She runs out of the room to get away from all the people to breath again. 

   "Ryanne, what's wrong?" It's Loki.

   She has one hand on the wall to keep her stable and another over her chest. Her breathing is still out of control. 

   "I saw that man. Did he say anything to you?"

   She begins to start wheezing and brings her arms around her back to untie her dress. It's too tight. I can't breath. "Please, help me untie this," she struggles. 

   He runs over to her concerned. "Here," he makes a small bottle appear in his hand. "Drink this."

   She'll do anything to stop this panic attack. She takes it and drinks the whole solution. Just then her arms fall down, and her legs feel loose. She falls into Loki's arm, and he carries her down the hall.

   "What'd you do?" The words slip out from her mouth, and her eyes feel heavy. 

   "You were freaking out. I didn't know what to do. Don't worry, it's harmless."

   "Mmm," she smiles and is finally calmed down. "I like this feeling."

   "Yes well that is the popular opinion," he chuckles. 

   They reach his chambers, and he lays her down on the bed gently. 

   "Loki..."

   "Yes?"

   "Thank you."

   "It's no problem," he pulls the covers to cover her up.

   "I love you so much, you know? It hurts sometimes," she stares into his eyes while she has a hold of his face. 

   "What?" His eyes widen in shock. She lets go once the elixir hits her again. "Ryanne what did you say?" He shakes her, but she has already drifted off.

   He takes a step back. Did I just hear that right? 

   Suddenly Thor enters his chambers. "Loki I need to speak with you. It's urgent matters." He looks at Ryanne's state and then Loki who watches her. 

   Loki lowers his head to the ground before he goes to see what his brother needs.