22. Escape

"That's my ship!" Valkyrie points to it from where the ship stays in the sky. It's parked just near the castle. 

   Gamora steers it then allows the two to jump off with Loki in Valkyries arms. 

   "Oh how I missed you," she speaks to her ship. It opens for her, and she throws Loki in. "It's here, meaning that she's in the castle."

   "Wait, hold on." Bruce stops her from going any further. "I don't want to encounter any more aliens. I don't even know what these people look like. I could turn into the Hulk again and never come back."

   "I told you. I would bring you back to where ever you came from, just after I finish up with unfinished business. In the mean time, you can stay inside my ship and watch your old friend if that's what you want."

   "Oh, Loki is not a friend," he laughs nervously. 

   "Right? And he's not human either, so how do you know him exactly?" She turns her back and begins to walk towards the castle. 

   Bruce runs to catch up to her. "Well, how do I shorty sum up everything in one sentence? He came down to Earth to try and take over the planet, but failed. His brother helped us put a stop to him though. He's one of the good guys."

   "You mind telling me who this brother is?" she raises a brow, now invested in the story. 

   "He's Thor, the god of thunder."

   Her eyes widen. "Gods? That means they must be children of Odin."

   "Yea. Are you familiar with them?"

   She lets out a historical laugh. "That's an understatement. Let's just say I've had my fair share in the past."

~~~

   "This way," Angela directs herself and Thor to the way out of the castle.

   "My brother, Loki. We must take him back to Asgard."

   "Your brother is lost," she whispers loudly. "You won't be able to get him. Not with Angels swarming this place. Speaking of..." One with a spear walks down the end of the hall, but Angela pulls Thor to a back end of a wall to not be seen by them. They're in close proximity to each other causing Thor's breath to get heavy. "Stop it," she says seriously. 

   "Stop what?" he furrows his brows. 

   "Looking at me like that."

   "I'm not looking at you like anything," he defends himself. 

   "Shhh," she hushes him hearing noises from the end of the hallway that they stand on. They both turn their heads quickly, and Thor's mind blows. 

   "No way!" his jaw drops. "That's Bruce."

   Bruce walks down the hall being cautious of his surrounding next to someone in a hood who doesn't care if anyone sees them. 

   "Bruce!" Thor yells.

   "What are you doing!" Angela's eyes widen. "You'll get us caught."

   "Bruce!" Thor ignores her warning and heads in the direction of his long lost friend. 

   Bruce turns around to see who's calling out to him. "Thor? Oh my God. You're here too?"

   Thor gives him a tight embrace then lets him go. "Ahh, it's so good to see you. Everyone was worried sick. How are you here?"

   "Long story. But wait, how long was I gone? Sokovia? The city, did we save it?"

   "Banner listen," he tries to calm him down. "Sokovia, Ultron, that was three years ago."