14. Lost souls

Sakaar   

   "Oh, will you look who it is. My favorite duo. Scrapper 142 and Scrapper 361 are just always bringing me the best things. Come, what did you bring me today friends?" The Grandmaster claps his hands together and waits for the reveal. 

   "Nothing huge this time boss. Just a crowd warmer," Valkyrie lets him down. 

   The Grandmaster gets a better look at the new contender and her intriguing green skin. 

   "Sorry to disappoint," Angela releases him from his concentration. 

   "No no, I'm not disappointed. You guys could never disappoint me. Topez," he turns to his right hand lady. "When we get to talking about 142, what do I always say? She is the... and it starts with a B-"

   "Trash," Topez bluntly lets out. Angela squints her eyes at her. 

   "No. Not trash," he looks at Valkyrie for reassurance. "Were you just waiting to call her that? It doesn't start with a B."

   "Boozehag," she smirks. 

   He shakes his head. "I'm so sorry. Best. I was thinking about best because I always say you're the best. She brought me my beloved champion, you know?" he turns back to Topez. 

   "You say that every time she's here," she rolls her eyes. 

   "Yes well, go on. Pay these ladies their units."

   "We'll take 4 million," Valkyrie says to make sure Topez doesn't give her any less. 

   "Tell her she's dreaming."

   "Oh for heaven's sake, transfer the units," he commands her. The green girl begins to wake up and is about to endure the introduction stimulation. 

   Topez does as she's told, and the payment goes through. Valkyrie plasters a smile and walks away from the Grandmaster, thanking him. Angela follows out with her. 

   "See, I told you he'd give me the units," Valkyrie grins. 

   "Yes, well I guess he does love you," Angela rolls her eyes. 

   Valkyrie stops in her tracks and looks at her partner before luring her to the back of a wall. "Too bad my heart is somewhere else."

   "Oh yea," she smiles before Valkyrie leans in for a passionate kiss. Others stare as they walk by the two very open lovers. "So we gear up here and then spend our units on Xandar."

   "Sounds like a plan, but there is someone that I need to see before we leave."

   "You can see him after the fight," she pleads. 

   "And what do you suppose we do before then?" Valkyrie raises a brow. 

   "I might have a thing or two in mind," she smirks. 

~~~

   "Now that was good," Valkyrie pants after making love to Angela. 

   "For some reason it always is on Sakaar."

   "It's because it's where we first met," she reminds Angela. "Two lost souls in a place for lost things. There's not a better a love story. Nothing could ever compare to this dump."

   Angela tries to hold back a smile. "I love you Brunnhilde." She leans in to kiss her again. 

   "Alright let's pack," Valkyrie leaves their bed. 

   Suddenly the pendent around Angela's neck begins to glow. She once served under the Queen Cersei, and everyone who was close with the Queen was given one. It's purpose was to be able to be at the Queen's side with every beck and call. Angela thought that maybe one day Cersei would come to her senses and allow her back into the realm. It hasn't glow for hundreds of years. Why now? She worries that something urgent has happened, and her people need her. 

   "What's happening there," Valkyrie points to the glowing pendent curious. 

   Angela's eyes widen. "My Queen, she needs me. I must go," she rips the covers off of her to get dressed as fast as she can. 

   "You mean the Queen who cast you out? You can't be seriously thinking about going back."

   "You think I wanted to leave? I would give anything to go back."

   "Then why did you?"

   Angela never told Valkyrie of her background. She didn't think it meant anything because it doesn't mean anything to her. 

   "You don't want to tell me, that's fine. But I'm coming with."

   "No."

   "Yes I am."

   "No you're not. You're an Asgardian. They'll kill you once they find out."

   "The quarrel between our people can't be that bad that they'll kill me for it. You didn't at least."

   "You're right. I didn't, but it took me a long time to open up to you. And even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have succeed," she takes into account that Valkyrie is probably the stronger, more skilled out of them. 

   "Then stay," she stops her from walking out the door. Angela's teary eyes finally meet hers. "If you truly loved me, you wouldn't leave."

   Valkyrie realizes how Angela's hands are shaking so she grabs them to soothe her. The red head nods her head uncontrollably. "Of course I love you," she places her hand on her cheek. "You have nothing to worry about."

   Valkyrie lets out the breath she was holding in. She brings her forehead forward to Angela's, and they stay there in the silence. "Thank you," she lets out a sigh of relief. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

~~~

   The two ladies join the Grandmaster behind the glass for a good view of the main event. 

   "Wow. Look at all of you," a huge hologram of the Grandmaster laughing appears in the middle of the battle arena. "What a show. What a night," he claps hand, and so does the huge crowd. "A big round of applause to all of our competitors today who died so gruesomely. What a show. What a night," the hologram repeats itself. 

   "Do you think the girl we brought in is the one challenging the champion?" Valkyrie says with a smile of disbelief on her face. Angela just shrugs her shoulders. Her mind is somewhere else completely. Valkyrie sees that so she shakes her head and swallows hard. "Here he comes."

   "Ladies and gentlemen. I give you your Incredible Hulk."

   The Hulk comes raging in ready to smash something. The crowd goes wild. 

   "Alright and on the other side we have someone who, quite frankly, looks like she could be his daughter. Making her first appearance, I give you Glamora. Let's see if she meets our champion's standards." The Grandmaster if off about the name. 

   The door slides up revealing the daughter of Thanos. The crowd begins to boo. Valkyrie squints her eyes at the little girl. "What is she thinking. This doesn't look promising," Valkyrie takes a sip of the drink in her hand. 

   The Hulk charges at her, but Gamora slides on the ground and manages to take out his ankles from the back. He grows angrier at the one who dares to challenge him. He clangs his large hammers together and lunges toward the tiny girl. She fears for her life wondering how she'll make it out. 

   "I'll be right back," Angela attempts to say through all the noise. Valkyrie is into the battle, intrigued by the green girls spirit to die. She nods her head making it known that she heard Angela. 

   Angela swallows hard then leaves the Grandmaster's couch. She gets a last look of Valkyrie who is invested in this nights match. "I'm sorry," she lets out with a sigh and heads for their spaceship. 

A/N: Uh oh. The drama has begun.