6. You should've gone for the head

After getting the weapon he needs to kill Thanos, Thor uses Stormbreaker for the first time to teleport to Midgard. More specifically, the Avengers compound. 

   He walks in, head held high. 

   "Thor, I thought you-"

   "Anything new on the whereabouts of Thanos?" Thor cuts off Natasha before she could finish.

   "Actually, you came in just in time," she raises a brow. "We might know where he is."

   "So what are you waiting for?"

   "We're not exactly equipped for space travel," she smirks. "Not up until they showed up," she gestures her head towards Rocket and Nebula. 

   Thor furrows his brows and joins in their discussion that they're having with the group. 

   "How do we know that this won't end any differently then it did last time?" Rhodes points out. 

   "Because this time there's no holding back," Thor says causing everyone in the room to turn to him confused. 

   "When did you get here?" Tony speaks for them. 

   "Just now... Look I came to get the stones and snap everyone back. I'll have those coordinates and be on my way."

   "Woah buddy," Rocket starts. "I don't know who you are, but this is Thanos we're talking about. You expect to charge in there all by yourself?"

   "I won't object if you'd like to join."

   "Guys. Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this. I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Nat looks at Thor, and he nods his head as reassurance. 

   "Are we sure that Thanos is on that planet," Thor points at the hologram in front of the talking raccoon. 

   "Well after all of my friends disappeared, Nebuala and I were trying to find out what the hell happened. We saw that Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. I've never seen anything like it. We decided to go there, and then we found out that Thanos had used the infinity stones here. Well yesterday, on this planet, the same thing happened."

   "Is the rabbit saying he used the stones again?" Thor looks at Nat, and she nods her head. "What for? He already got what he wanted."

   "We don't know," she says. 

    "Well I'm tired of waiting around. Rabbit, let's go," Thor leaves the room, and Rocket jumps off of the table to follow the god of thunder. 

   "Let's go get this son of a bitch," Steve says before turning off the hologram. 

~~~

   After everyone gets on Rocket's ship, and they reach space, he looks back to the group with a grin on his face. 

   "Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" They all raise their hands except for Thor, Nebula, and Tony. "You better not throw up on my ship."

   "Approaching jump in three, two, one." Nebula hits the button and they blast through the opening, traveling at the speed of light. Before they knew it, they made it to the other side. They are sitting right outside of the new planet's atmosphere. 

   "Land the ship at a distance. We'll want to use the element of surprise," Steve orders Rocket. 

   "I'll go have a look. See what he's doing and how many people are here," Thor suggests. They all nod their heads allowing Thor to leave on his own. 

   "Don't do anything stupid," Nat warns him. 

   Thor takes off, and spies from above observing the Mad Titan. He's... alone. Thor tries to get a closer look to see that he's making soup. How could he be so peaceful after murdering trillions. Thor's blood starts to boil but he remembers Natasha's words. He swallows hard then returns to see that they've landed the ship. 

   "He's alone," Thor states. 

   "It'll only be easier on us," Steve sighs. "Come on."

   They all come up with a plan as Thor shows them the way to the Titan's home. 

   Catching him by surprise, Iron Man and War Machine charge in together to grab each sides of his hands to restrain him from being able to snap again. That's when Thor comes in and swings his axe at Thanos' arm, making the gauntlet fall to the ground. Thanos moans in agony trying to break free from all of them on him. 

   Rocket turns the gauntlet on the floor over to see all of the stones gone. "Oh no," he lets out. 

   "Where are they," Steve looks at Thanos who's struggling. 

   "We're not playing around anymore. Answer the question," Tony pleads. 

   "The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation," he spits out. 

   "You murdered trillions," Thor murmurs to himself. 

   "You should be grateful."

   Natasha feels her heart fall from her chest. It can't be. "Where are the stones," she's on the brink of tears. 

   "Gone. Reduced to atoms."

   "No no," Thor grabs him by his shoulders. "You used them just yesterday."

   "I used the stones to destroy the stones," he looks into his eyes. "It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... Inevitable."

   Thor lets go and starts backing away not believing him. 

   "We have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying," Rhodes stutters. 

   "My father is many things... A liar is not one of them," Nebula takes a step closer to him while holding in her breath.

   "Ahh. Thank you daughter. Perhaps I've treated you too harshly."

   Having enough of what he has to say, Thor grabs Stormbreaker and swings it at his neck. His head falls to the ground, and Nebula wipes the blood that splattered across her cheek. They all look at him in shock. 

   "What did you do?" Rocket has lost all hope. 

   "I went for the head." He thought that'd be enough to get him to feel like his old self, but no. That didn't bring everyone back.