five. look

nishimura riki was stuck in his imaginary world as he listened to calming songs he had searched on youtube and also clicking on the first video that popped up. luckily the playlist was a few hours long to fulfill his world with music as he thinks about his afterlife with the boy he was friend-zoned by.

"nishimura riki.. are.. you drooling?" jay speaks, entering the room as the boy slowly turns around to face him.
"no." the boy bluntly replies back in Japanese, facing the ceiling once more and closing his eyes. yet his fatherly friend wouldn't leave him alone and kept asking.
"who are you thinking about huh?" the multilingual friend asked, suddenly near the boy as he poked his friend's cheek. the blonde grabbing the pillow that supported his head as he lied as he rubbed away his drool. the next thing he does is slamming the pillow in his friend's face.

"YAH!" jay exclaims while riki laughing at the face of his housemate.
"JUST SO YOU KNOW I LIVE IN THIS HOUSE AND THE OWNER OF THIS HOUSE SO I CAN KICK YOU OUT!"

"no one is kicking anyone out, you hear me jongseong park?" jay's mom suddenly enters the room, cooing at riki's messy bed hair.
"mom!"
"let me remind you, the nishimuras wanted us to look after riki while his stay in korea so you better look after him like he's your little brother okay, do you hear me?"
"yes." jay speaks, emotions draining him as he exits the room with his mother.

riki lies back down, drowning in his thoughts. as the more he thinks, the more he gets tired, and soon the world around him turns black and he off to dream land.

• • •

sunoo watched the butterflies in school, he didn't how he managed to get inside the school while it was the weekend but he didn't care, he watched them until the night fell and the fireflies awoke, watching yellow blinking lights around sunoo as he admired it all.
he picked up a leaf, unknown to it as he clasped his hand.

whatever was on his mind, he could create. he was a unique vampire with abilities that he could only possess.
he soon saw a flickering in his hand, opening the grasped palm, a firefly flew in the sky and flew with its friends.
Sunoo smiled at the pretty lights.

"sunoo dear!"

sunoo heard that voice again.

"sunoo dear!"
"sunoo dear!"
"sunoo dear!"

What does sunoo dear! even mean to him exactly?

• • •

thick rain fell on the rooftops of the homes in Hesseung's neighborhood. his best friend, sunoo doesn't even know what his power was.
would it be shocking that he can bring spirits back into life if they had wished to?

heeseung didn't know anymore, his powers had normal abilities that benefit them. why does his power benefit spirits?
he doesn't want to bring the dead back to life, he wanted to let them live in the afterlife. so he had lied to his own friend about his powers.
he simply said that he was one of those vampires that didn't find the power inside them to have one.

while swimming in his thoughts, he heard a voice. a very familiar voice.
sunoo's mom.

"heeseung, is he doing all right?" the figure spoke, her feet fading as her body is highlighted in white.
"yes, he's doing all right, he said that he was able to make caterpillars out of leaves."
"his power is one of a kind isn't it heeseung?"
"yes."
"please look out for him, i don't want anything bad happening to my son."
"yes mrs. kim."

"call me sophie, heeseung." the figure spoke, smiling as her figure slowly disappeared from heeseung's sight.