twenty-one. promise

the ring shined brightly in the sunlight as riki brought it up to the direct sunlight. the bling of it caused him to squint his eyes before bringing it down to let him see it.
it was a promise ring, he bought it with his own damn money and he was proud of it.

okay, maybe that was a lie, he used jay's money and promised he'll pay him back in the future (he isn't).

"that was about ten thousand won for a couple ring, are you sure you don't want another ring? it looks.. quite bland."
"i don't want another ring, this one is perfect as it is."
jay sighs, rubbing his thumb and middle finger at the ends of his eyebrows as he sighs.
"don't sigh, you also got something for yourself you know."

it was true, jay did get something for himself. he got a silver ring, simple but he also bought a chain where it slid the ring in, clipping the piece of jewelry he had just made around his neck.
"true." jay could only reply, "who are you going to give that ring to anyway?"
"someone, and it's none of your business, since when did you get so nosey,"

"is it sunoo~? and also i can't help it, i tend to be nosey." jay replies, entering the car and started the engine. riki entering next as he took the passenger's seat. stuffing the ring box which kept the two rings hidden from anyones' eye.

the two almost like siblings entered the house, riki immediately dashing off his room as jay hung his coat at the coat rack.
"mr. park, you are back home early." the head maid spoke, noticing jay entering the kitchen.

"of course i am, riki complains that his legs hurt once i step foot into one of the shops in the mall, maiden kim. is it okay if i cook dinner today?"
"of course young master park, the kitchen is all yours." the kind maid spoke with respect, it was her job to look over the two teenagers. it was a personal request from her boss, but sometimes, both of the boys just want to have privacy and maiden kim respects their wanted privacy.

• • •

riki stared at the phone, the chat he had just opened staring back at him as he kept typing and deleting the messages he wrote.
ugh.. this is more stressful than i thought..

• • •

LOML <3

ME
hey sunoo, i know it's only
been a month since we started
dating, but i wanna give u
something tomorrow, is it ok
with u?

LOML <3
ofc!! what is this something
ur giving me?? i'm curious yk
( ̄▽ ̄)

ME
secret~

LOML <3
d( ̄  ̄)

ME
ur adorable, even in text

LOML <3
( ◠‿◠ ) ur cute too!!!

ME
no u

LOML <3
no uuu (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾

ME
no uuuu

LOML <3
no we're both cute (=^▽^)σ

ME
oh brb jay's cooking rn and
i'm alrd hungry, bye babe!!

LOML <3
bye bye!!! <33

• • •

sunoo placed his phone gently on the bedside table, his eyes darting to the ceiling in his room, hugging the cheetah plushie and slightly pouting as he thought.
what on earth did riki buy him that made him so curious about?

he was impatient with other things, but with his boyfriend, he'll do anything just to know what nishimura riki had just bought him.
and.. where are they suppose to meet..?

- 🔭 AUTHOR'S NOTES
heheeheheehehsjdj