twenty-four. gift

sunoo admired the charm, the metal called silver shined as the light above him shined on both of the charm and sunoo himself.
why do you look so familiar?

he sighed, clipping the cold metal around his neck as he inhaled. the sunday was a sunny day and sunoo decided to spend it in his room with a few snacks and a tub of mint chocolate ice cream he had bought last night.
how long as it been since he first transferred to riki's school?

sunoo never had time to count the moons that passed by like a blur with his lover, he tapped his phone, the phone showing the day, november fourteenth. a sunny sunday as the morning breeze hit his face.
it was jake's birthday tomorrow, everyone was busy with their own things, and soon sunoo stood up, throwing away the empty bags that was once filled with savory chips and heaven.

let's get our layla lover a gift. sunoo thought as he stretched his arms above his head, ruffling his dyed blonde hair as he took his wallet and stuffed that money keeper into his hoodie he had kindly taken from his boyfriend.
a simple pair of jeans and he was out of the door with the shiny butterfly pendant that shined brightly than any other silver pendant.

• • •

"that would be twenty-three thousand won, thank you." sunoo payed the cashier, thanking the kind transgender person as he walked out of the store.
he looked through the items, he had bought the boy a scented candle and a few other things.

bumping into someone wasn't apart of his list, but in the end, the stranger apologized to him a million times..
"i am so so sorry!" a thick australian accent laced his korean speaking, his hair was dyed blonde as he offered a hand to sunoo.

"uhm, thank you." sunoo whispered, taking the offered hand into his own as the Australian boy lifted him up.
"and just a few days, i also bumped into someone, heh, how clumsy can i get.." the boy muttered.
"anyways, i'm steven, what's your name pretty boy?" the boy asked, sunoo was dazed, frozen in his feet as he wanted to correct the boy.

"uh, i'm sunoo, and uh-"
"yeah yeah, i know you're taken, that ring does say some things about your relationship. promise ring with that special partner?"
"hhm, yeah." sunoo muttered, the two were complete strangers but they were already talking about their relationship status.

"so.. who's the special girl?" steven asked, stuffing his phone as they walked the streets of seoul. sunoo's mind paused, girl.. made him shiver from the back.
"i'm actually dating a boy.." sunoo muttered, scared the boy next to him would be homophobic. he was always avoided during school for his liking to his own gender, worst, bullied.
"wow.. a boy aye, that's nice. how do you even ignore the homophobic people that literally are everywhere?"
"i just.. i don't really know, just ignore it?"

• • •

"Since i sorta walked to your house with you, why not exchange numbers?"
"uh sure." sunoo took the kind boy's phone, typing in his phone number as he smiled.
"oh by the way, what school are you going to?" steven asked, taking back his phone as he stuffed the device into his pocket.

"why do you need to know that?"
"i just moved here and my mom doesn't know any schools since i'm from australia, and I don't wanna go to a new school without knowing anybody there so-"
"i'm studying at soulla high," sunoo replied, stopping the astralian from talking as the boy thanked him.

sunoo entered his house, placing the plastic bag on the table as he started to make his gift for the birthday boy the next day.

meanwhile, steven was trying to retrace his steps back to his house.
"where in the world is my own home?" the boy muttered.