fourteen. rain

fear, there was fear in riki's heart, but something blocked that fear. sunoo didn't seem like the one to hunt humans, drain their blood and all sorts. he seemed too innocent for that.
thoughts clouded his mind, literally as the clouds above release a small cry. the raindrops hitting his head but he didn't mind.

he didn't give a damn if he had gotten sick.

but the raindrops stopped, hitting the umbrella that protected the two boys from the small rain of the clouds,
"niki, you'll get sick." those words left sunoo's mouth, the cold finally coming closer to his body as his hot air turned into a cloud of mist.

riki turned around, facing the pink hair boy who had held out an umbrella to shield both of them from the rain; a soft smile plastered on the face of sunoo's as riki thinks back to his thoughts.
are you really a vampire sunoo?

the rain pattered the grass below them, the smell of the moist garden that nearly no one visited in the school.
the rain only became harsher by the minute, hitting the umbrella more harshly as sunoo's eyes shook with a slight fear.

"sunoo? are you okay?" words went from left to right, into his ear and out to the other as the rain harshly hit the umbrella.
his hand trembled in fear.

"sunoo?" the blonde asked once more, the umbrella on the floor as their clothes became wet, soaked from the rain that hit their bodies like there was no tomorrow.
"sunoo?" sunoo still hasn't replied, the rain harsher than day but he soon felt arms hug his shaking body.

familiar and the fear of losing someone so close to his heart, that's what rang through sunoo's mind.

"please don't be scared." it was a gut-feeling from riki, a gut-feeling to hug the scared older with much care.
sunoo wanted to hug back, but his hands were shaky. his breathing uneven as the water from the rain dropped from his fingers that shook from fear and trauma.

the hug only got more tighter as the minutes grew.
either it was from the gut-feeling or if the younger just wanted to keep both of them warm.
bodies soaked, they were sure to get sick soon.

• • •

every vampire had either one or two abilities.

the boy who had been able to communicate with spirits stared at the two hugging boys in the rain as a cat sitting on a nearby tree. his tail swinging from left to right as he watched the two boys.

heeseung had two abilities that he had possessed. he could speak and see these spirits, but he could also transform into any animal he had wanted.
sunoo had also two abilities but was only able to control one out of the two. seeing through the future could take up too much energy whilst creating life was a simply task given to a few vampires.

heeseung could tell that sunoo was still suffering, from the past trauma that left a bloody wound behind.
he just wished that the japanese boy would be able to heal that breaking and fragile heart of sunoo. and make sure it came bak with a strong mind and positive mind just like how he was when he was younger.

• • •

the sun had finally peaked from the clouds, the clouds having enough to cry as it drifted with the wind. the japanese boy's jacket wrapped around the shivering boy as a towel was naturally thrown to the younger's face.
"that's for all the times you had thrown the numerous items at my face." jay spoke, clearly annoyed at the younger as he approached sunoo, kindly giving him the identical towel.

"my class starts in five and i have to go right now to reach that class, have fun drying yourselves up." jay pats riki's shoulder, riki humming as he walked towards sunoo, who peacefully sat on the bench, jacket hugging his soaked body as riki took the towel, placing it on the older's head and drying it for him.

"sunoo." the mentioned boy turns his head to riki, who focused on drying the older's pink hair.
"answer me honestly,"

"are you a vampire?"

🔭 AUTHOR'S NOTE
AHHH HE ASKED OR QUESTIONED IDK WHAT YOU CALL IT BUT HE ASKED