eight. why

the sky thunders; screaming at the fullest as sunoo tries to control his breathing.
"sunoo dear!" sunoo covers his ears as another strike of thunder hits the ground, roaring in rage.

"sunoo dear! where are you?!" the sounds of his mother screaming at the top of her lungs roar. an orange highlight shone onto half of the child's face as sunoo navigated through the hallways of their home, stopping in his tracks as someone steps in front of him with a knife. the smell of fire. the sound of screaming. the lust for pain; the lust to kill. it hurt, knowing that this would cause a horrible memory.

that's what ran through the young boy's head.

sunoo winces, hugging his knees as the sky roars once more. vulgar memories cloud his mind as he chews on his lips, making it bleed in response as he tried to calm himself down from the taunting rain that fell from the sky, harshly hitting the roof of sunoo's once peaceful home.

"you're coming with me."

sunoo soon found himself screaming, chanting 'no' repeatedly as tears ran down his cheeks to his chin, the salty tears dropping from his chin and hitting the fabric of sunoo's shirt.
"you're coming with me." the voice was heard once more, but in a more harsher and louder voice. sunoo sobbing, hardly taking a calm breathing exercise. he thought he erased those memories, he thought he made them disappeared.

the memories ended up staying, scaring sunoo once more as he tried to hide; to hide from his fears.
wunoo doesn't know why his power to bring life, but that's when he noticed, he had another.

to tell the future.

• • •

closed eyes, and yet she could tell that her son was suffering from the trauma. she sighs, only to suck back the air she had previously let out in frustration.
"dear lord, when will my son have his peaceful happy ending?"
the lord doesn't answer her, but the butterflies around her fly towards the bright moon above.
her cold presence is enough to scare anything but she has a power; to create life and help others, but it seemed weird that her son had managed to obtain her powers once she had passed after the fire.

sophie, kim sophie was an english teacher based in korea, she hated her korean name so she changed her name to sophie.
she disliked blood ever since her marriage with the strongest vampire. no, the vampire wasn't a brutal killer that killed for fun, he was a kind man.

a man that accepted everything of the girl, and that's what made her loved.
kim jinyoung, a man who could see into the future but always made surprises to the woman he loved the most. he worked at a library, and he was happy that they had a son.

naming him kim sunoo, promising that he would be protected and accepted by both parents.
"sunoo-ah!"
"i'll catch you dad just watch!" the memories played in front of her, sophie's eyes tearing at the memories and soon found herself touching her face to always look at her wet finger,

"i'm sorry that i left you sunoo. your dad raised you well didn't he? he tried didn't he? but in the end, you lost both of us, and you had both of our powers." the old woman whispered, a butterfly landing on her finger as the moonlight shined on the golden hair clip.
"please use your powers for good."