thirty. scared

when riki was younger, he lived a happy life with his parents and his siblings. he was the middle child, he played with his older sister and younger sister. usually playing tag or any games that reminded him childhood.

behind the doors, his mother suffered in secret. puking up here and there, headaches and other illnesses that doctors would call her, overdramatic when she was suffering.
the children played in the garden, the mother cried in pain as the father unknown to his wife's illness, worked for the family.

one day, when the kids where at school, their dad had arrived home early, with a smile on his that was quickly turned upside-down once he saw the body on the floor. there was no blood, just still.

No breathing, no heart-beat and a small note.

take care of the kids.

• • •

the japanese still sleeping, winced in his sleep, horror.
beads of sweat ran down his forehead as sunoo slowly woke up, facing the frighten boy who seemed to be having a bad dream.

his face turned pale, and sunoo shook the boy, panic filling his blood vessels as the vampire shook his boyfriend, "riki.."
the boy gasped, quickly sitting up on the bed as sunoo hugged him tightly. nightmares and bad dreams, always made people cry in sorrow once they woke up from the nightmare.

sunoo felt the younger's arm wrap around his torso, returning the hug as the older buries his head into the crook of riki's neck.
"i was so worried." sunoo stated, his head looking out to the plain wall as riki breathed, leaning onto Sunoo.
"i know, i'm sorry."

it was just short words, but it was all right when both of them were there together.

• • •

night hit the bad dream like a storm, riki felt a familiar pain around his neck.
eyes opened, he faced the man he used to call father, hands wrapped around his neck, Riki choked.

"why are you still alive.." the man uttered as riki cried, he felt cold.
"you should have died." the man spoke in japanese, his pressure starting to make riki pale in the skin as the boy sobbed, tears hitting the fluffy pillow of his own room.

he didn't know how he ended up on the floor, but all he cared was to get this man off him.

memories included the woman creeped onto the man choking his own son, the eldest waking up to the sound of something creaking, like the wooden floor creaking when pressure was forced onto it.
the girl called konon entered the youngest's room, seeing her own dad on-top of the weeping boy who cried.
begging to not die so soon.

death was scary.

all the memories included screaming and crying.

• • •

the cat with patterned boots on his front paws looked into the window of the couple. living just close by made it easier to spy and look out for the two.
the moon shined brightly, nearing a blood moon as heeseung rest on the tree branch.

tail flicking around in the air, he took a glance at the couple.
riki was sitting, his back leaning against the wall as sunoo hugged him tightly. riki's finger tranced numerous shapes around the boy's back, while the boy hugged him to give the younger the comfort he needed.

heeseung could only yawn, the structure of the cat's mouth from the teeth and roots was gently touched by the blowing breeze.
his tail continuing to do flick around in the air as he spied on the two boys from the tree branch.

• • •

fnally the couple was asleep again, arms wrapped around each other as the duvet covered their bodies, sheltering them from the cold of the night.

life was simple, death was scary.
yet, death was usual the most escaped way to go to escape reality.

the father mourned,
blinded by anger that he
wasn't there for his wife
the children scared,
and the aunt being more a
mother to them than their own.

life was just scary.