twenty-seven. life on ice

sunoo ruffled his hair in frustration, the cold metal brushing his scalp as he shivered due to the cold.
december hit, and winter break had started. a day where everyone was stressing, especially the two out of the three js'.

"OH MY GOD WHY DO WE DO FOR THE DECEMBER BABIES BIRTHDAY?"
"CHILL JAKE, JUST BECAUSE WE'RE CELEBRATING UR SOON TO BE BOYFRIEND AND THE ONLY CLAIMED ONE IN OUR GROUP DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN SCREAM."
"YOU'RE SCREAMING TOO!"

"..just get down the tables, you'll break them and also people are look at you two like maniacs.." jungwon muttered, sipping on his milkshake as heeseung sighed as he sipped his ice americano in tiredness.

sunoo had been thinking since the beginning of december, he had plans and ideas crumpled and thrown in and out of the box but soon settled that they'll have a two-part special, an ice-skating party for sunghoon and a fun trip to the park for a fun but cold hang-out and chat for the japanese.

• • •

it was now officially december 8th in korea. the clock hit midnight and that's when sunghoon's phone buzzed with birthday messages from his friends and spoken wishes from his family.
he spent his night with his family, his parents having to work in the morning as his grandparents had to look over their homemade cooked food for the winter season.

• • •

JAKEY

JAKEY
happy birthday our ice prince
ayyee

ME
thanks, jakey.

• • •

gliding on ice was like gliding on a roller skate ring but with the addition of feeling your ass freeze and also more slippery.
sunghoon laughed at everyone's attempts to stay on ice, heeseung and jungwon succeeding as riki helped his boyfriend. jay was holding his dear life on the side walls as jake just gave up on life as he sat in the middle of the ring.

"skating is too hard, why did we agree to this?" jake pouted, jungwon skating around him as heeseung struggled to pull jay away from the skating walls.
sunghoon could only help heeseung with pulling the american from his grasp on the only thing keeping him standing on the slippery ice.

only for all three to collide with the ice cold floor.

• • •

when they finally settled down, riki's fingers were laced with sunoo's as they waited for their hot meal in the winter, the snow falling prior a month ago as sunghoon brushed some snowflakes off jake's fluffy hair.
jay holding his warm hot chocolate and only allowing jungwon to hold it to warm it up.

heeseung could only wonder why he was stuck with love-sick boys and their disgustingly love lives with the others. heeseung sipped on his drink, spotting a boy he knew very well due to texting him every since he had gotten the chance to exchange numbers.

"heeseung, is that you?" steven asked, walking close to them but soon slipped on the ice and fell flat on his face. the other six look over to the sudden sound only to face the other australian on the snowy floor with his face head-in.

"uh.. is he.. all right?"
"is he dead?" riki asked, groaning afterwards after earning a back head slap from the boy he called his housemate.

— 🔭 AUTHOR'S NOTES
jesus christ im editing this on four hours of sleep