thirty-four. sun and moon

HEESEUNG

HEESEUNG
hey i know u won't talk
to me bcs i lied
but riki is at a park and
he looks like he's about
to die
seen.

• - •

sunoo panted, facing the back of surprisedly not-dying boy that was suppose to be on the floor of the park. did heeseung lie to me because i had blocked moonie?
sunoo realized the nickname he had used, slapping himself but never felt the impact of the slap.

"hi there sunnie." a soft smile dusted his lips as his eyes brighten at the sight of his boyfriend.

on the other hand, sunoo's heart raced; nicknames were officially on sunoo's death list.
faces close to each other, sunoo felt crimson seek into his cheeks.

"riki- i thought-?"
"heeseung lied, can we talk?" riki asked, holding the older's hands as the leaves slowly grew back from the sun.

• - •

"explain,"
"i lied because heeseung told me to, i didn't want to but after he told me that the necklace used to belong to your own mother. i decided to keep quiet. i know it's bad but, i didn't want to see you hurt, yet without noticing, i hurt with the aftermath as well." riki replied, fidgeting with his hands. the vampire's eyes glanced at his hands, realizing something, sunoo's eyes soften.
he's still wearing the ring.

"jay also told me something." sunoo remarked, watching the boy's face.
riki paled, knowing where this was going. "yeah.. i'll explain to you."

"my mom, died because of an illness passed down by generation. her father had it as well and died because of it. So naturally, i also had it.
but, one day, me and my sisters were playing in the school, my mom was silently losing her breath and died. my dad arrived home early and.. when night hit.
he actually wanted me dead, because he probably thought i gave her the illness since i was sick a week ago prior to the event." riki wasn't one to cry, he usually wanted to be strong.

sunoo frowned, and hugged the boy.
"my dad was arrested for attempted murder. my aunt took us in and wanted me to see a doctor. turns out the doctor was actually the doctor of my mom so he told my aunt that i had the same illness as her sister.
my aunt never knew of this and cried after we went home. but she was strong, she wanted to make sure me and my sister lived happy lives."

"i wish to meet your aunt." sunoo whispered, enjoying the warmth that riki provided.

"you know, my mom actually died too. instead, she was trying to save me from a few vampire hunters. heeseung saved me from that day, and i haven't seen my mom since.
my dad looked after me, but his body was weak after the fire the vampire hunters created in order to scare us out of the clan house.
my dad sadly died afterwards, leaving me under heeseung's hands.

his parents took me in and looked after me, it was fun. after finding out my ability to create life, i took a great liking towards butterflies because what aunty told me, my mom loved butterflies." sunoo spoke, breaking the comforting silence that engulfed the couple.

it was good to finally be in each other arms once again.
facing each other faces once again, tiki pecked the lips of Sunoo before whispering.

"i love you sunnie, really." riki said, making Sunoo smile brighter as he giggled.
"i love you too moonie, to the sun and moon."

FIN •

thank you so much for
reading blood smile!
i hope your 2021 was memorable!
let us welcome 2022 with open arms!

whatever comes our way,
let's use that challenge to grow
ourselves into better people for
others and yourself!
thank you once again!

- yin, 2021
edited, 2022