Chapter 9

Sam gave me a tour and layout of the house and informed me that the top floor is strictly off limits because Elijah's room and study is there and he wants privacy. He led me to my room and again I was astonished by its beauty. I was told Leo was out with Maria and they'd be back in an hour or two. I unpacked my clothes and got settled in, after that I decided to take a shower before Leo got here. After my shower I walked into my room got dressed and went downstairs to get a snack. I walked into the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboards in search of something, I found oreos at and sat on a barstool by the kitchen counter. Whilst I was enjoying my oreos I heard the front door open and voices coming from the living room, I continued eating paying no mind to the voices only when it reached the kitchen and I heard a baby babbling did I turn around. I smiled at Maria and wiped my hands on my pants before I took Leo in my hands. He is so adorable, he immediately stopped babbling and just looked at me with big eyes probably trying to figure out who I am. I spoke to him using my baby voice "hey there cutie," I was so caught up that I forgot about everything else around me until I heard Maria speak "he must really like you seeing as he's not crying" I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed sensing my confusion she spoke again "he doesn't take well to strangers" and I nodded my head continuing my conversation with Leo.

After an hour of just playing with Leo and holding Maria informed me that it was time for his bath and then a bottle after.  I asked her if I could and she laughed saying that it's my job now and whatever concerns him is my priority now to which I was grateful because I was loved him already which was weird because I never get this attached to babies this fast I mean it's not even a full day yet.