Chapter 40

"Mia, hey who's the hottie?" I asked as I walked over to Mia, she glared at me and then rolled her eyes "haha, funny. This is Ace, my boyfriend" she introduced as she wrapped an arm around him " Oh, so you do exist?" I teased making her glare harder and Ace chuckled "That's debatable actually, I do sometimes wonder if I'm real or not" he joked and I laughed "same. Well I'm Aria, this ones fiance" I said pointing to Elijah approaching us. "Ace, my man, how have you been doing?" asked Elijah as he reached us and did the bro hug thing with Ace and kissed Mia on the cheeks "it's been good and you?" "Great man, just the business giving me grey hair," he replied as he chuckled "So glad I gave that shit up to Axel, the mafia is way to much stress" he replied "you are in the mafia?" I asked shocked making them chuckle "yeah,no, well my family does own the Spanish mafia and I  was suppose to take after my dad but I gave up that position to my younger brother,Axel," he explained "Oh, so what do you do for a living" "I'm a cop" he responded and I widen my eyes in shock I chocked on my spit and they busted out laughing at my reaction  "No, I'm just fucking with you, I own a few hotels here and there and I have my own little restaurant" he replied "That was hilarious" I said sarcastically.

"Well it was nice meeting you Ace" I said and he smiled "likewise" we walked over to Savannah and Enzo "where's my son?" Asked Elijah as we reached them "in his new marvel themed Castle" answered Enzo smugly  confusing both Elijah and myself "his what?" Asked Elijah and Enzo pointed outside "What the fuck!" Exclaimed Elijah "language" I scolded but he ignored me still looking outside. "Lorenzo Russo" seethed Elijah "uh-oh" said both Savannah and Enzo "I fucking love it, why didn't I think of it" said Elijah after a few seconds looking back at the two and when he saw the horror on their faces he busted out laughing.

"Did you think I was pissed?" He asked and we all nodded "hell no, have you any idea how much time I'll- I mean we- how much time we'll spend in there" he said and we laughed "you are nothing but a boy beneath that whole macho mafia persona huh?" I teased and he grumbled under his breath "what?" I asked and he replied with "nothing"  "Lets goooo" he said all excited which made me raise my eyebrows in amusement "I mean let's go outside to our son" he corrected.

"Leo baby, do you love your birthday?" I asked him an hour later, it is currently 4:30pm and he nodded his head. We spent the majority of our afternoon outside in his castle. "Yup" he said "Lets go and cut some cake" I said and everyone cheered. We walked into the kitchen, I grabbed the cake and Leo gasped "do you like it" I asked and he nodded his head. We sang happy birthday to him and then he blowed his cake with Elijahs assistance. I cut enough pieces of cake for us and we ate it. 

"Time to open your gifts" I said after we enjoyed some cake. We moved to the living room where his gifts were. He received a new remote controlled car from Ace, a big teddy bear from Savannah, a Thor costume with the hammer and everything from Mia. My gift to him came in a manilla envelope and even though he didn't understand it now he sure will when he gets older. It was adoption papers.

Two weeks ago

"Leo's birthday is in two weeks and I have no idea what to get him" I said tearfully to Elijah as we stood in front of his desk in his study "I'm a terrible mom" I continued as the tears I tried so hard to keep from falling fell from my eyes to which Elijah immediately pulled me into his arms "that's absolute bullshit and you know it. You are the best mother, you are a great mother to him., okay" he said and I nodded my head. He pulled away a few seconds later and gave me a searing kiss. "There's something I wanna give you" he told me and rubbed the back of his neck nervously "I don't know how you'll take it but i want you to know that I'm not forcing you to do this. You can say no" he told me and I furrowed my brows in confusion " You already proposed baby," I joked trying to lighten the mood but to no avail. He walked around the desk and scratched in the first draw. He pulled out a manilla envelope and walked but to me and gave it to me. I looked at him before I took it "What is this?'' I asked "open it" he said to which I complied. I tore open the top and read the document. " Adoption papers" I said and looked up at him "you want me yo adopt Leo?" I asked and he nodded his head. "You are his mother, don't get me wrong, I can think of no better fit. This is just making it legal" he explained and I bursted into tears, full blown sobbing. " Fuck, baby, it was a crazy fucking idea. I'm so stupid. Please donr cru" he said to which I shook my head "these are happy tears" I said "I would love nothing more then being his legal mom" I said. He pulled me into a kiss which escalated to us having a quickie on his desk.