Chapter 33

Aria Pov
-the next morning-

We've been awake for quite some time, just enjoying each others presence. My head on Elijah's chest listening to his steady heartbeat, his hands are running through my hair.

"Elijah?" I said quietly "yes, love" he said, his voice raspy and lower than usual due to sleep. "What happened to Leo's mom? You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna, I mean we are expecting a baby and I know nothing of your past. " I rambled and he chuckled. "Calm down baby," he responded kissing me on my head "what do you want to know"

"Was she your first love?" "No, Jesus no, I didn't know what being in love was like before you came into my life, mia principessa. " he took a breath and continued "Leo's mom was a simple one night stand, she was hooked on drugs. The night Leo was conceived I received terrible news and I was furious so I drank a shit toj of alcohol and took drugs. How I survived that is a miracle. Leo's mom was a stripper at one of my clubs, she came into my office demanding access to our VIP section. I bent her over my desk and the rest is history"

"What happened after, how did you find out about her pregnancy?"

"After that night she started getting sick weeks later, she took a test and it was positive. I obviously didn't believe her so I made her go to the doctor. When that was positive I made her quit her job and I supported her financially. " he said "How were you so sure it was yours?"

"I didn't, God believe me, I told her if she was lying I was going to kill her and the baby's father" I looked at him with a frown "You would do what?" I raised my voice slightly "kidding babe, I only threatened her." He kissed my lips and continued. "I gave her one of my apartments and had one of my drivers tend to her needs, big fucking mistake on my side because it turned out that he supplied drugs to her. Can you believe it!"

"That's terrible, where is he?" I asked "In a grave" he responded casually and I gasped "Relax, I didn't kill him, I sent him on a suicide mission" he joked and I slapped him against his chest.
"Continue" I demanding which made him grumble "demanding"

"So, I found out when Leo was born about the drugs because I never went with to any appointments because I didn't wanna get attached when there was a possibility of the child not being mine" I nodded

"How did you find out"
"He was a premature baby, he was born a month before her actual due date" he stopped for a few seconds and I pecked his chest.

"The doctors said that it was a miracle he survived, they said that he wouldn't make it past 72 hours"
A tear slipped from my eye and I instinctively placed my hand on my baby bump.

"So he survived and within a week he recovered well and he was stronger so I could do a test.  When it came back positive I was scared shitless because I didn't know what to do. The doctors discharge Bianca, Leo's mom, 2 weeks after she gave birth. They said Leo was strong and he could leave a week after she was discharged. I didn't want my son growing up in a broken home so I told her to move in with me."

"Did she move in with you"

"No, she overdosed on drugs the day before Leo was discharged" he finished.

"She didn't deserve you," I said softly, tears running down my cheeks.

"Babe, are you crying ?" He asked and flipped me over onto my back so that he could hover over me. He wiped my tears "it's just so horrible what she did to you" I said and he smiled "I see it as a blessing, if she was still alive, I would've been in a loveless  marriage" he said and I chuckled "I guess so" I responded.

Before any of us could say anything further there came a knock on the door "come in" I replied and Elijah placed a kiss on my lips "wear my t-shirt" he kissed my nipples and got off

LEO came running inside as soon as the door was opened and I chuckled "thank you, Maria" I said and helped Leo climb onto the bed. "No problem darling" she responded before leaving us.

Leo kissed me on my cheeks before muttering a "morning mama" to me, I kissed his nose "morning baby, did you sleep well?" He nodded his head on climbed into Elijah's chest. "Morning champ" "morning dadda"

Elijah peppered kisses all over his face and he giggled like a mad person making us laugh. 

We spent another hour in bed just playing and laughing before we eventually went down to have some breakfast. But we obviously brushed our teeth first.

We had pancakes, waffels, fruit, yogurt and bacon for breakfast. Leo enjoyed making a puppy on his pancake. "Close your eyes" Elijah demanded with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I obliged and after closing my eyes for a solid 5 minutes he told me to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes tears immediately formed in my eyes.

(The plate only- not the ring)

(The actual ring)

Thank you for reading my book. Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all so much!!!!❤❤

Love: unicorn_butterfly