Chapter 26

After everything that happened in Elijahs office I was worn out so I decided to take another nap.

I woke up from my nap and saw that it was dark outside, and because I had no idea where my cell phone was I didn't know the time. I got up and showered.

After my shower I wrapped a towel around me and brushed my teeth. Afterwards I went out and yelped when I saw Elijah sitting on the bed.

"Jesus, Lij, you scared me" I reprimanded him he looked at me sheepishly and mouthed 'sorry'  "here's some clothes" I could that it was brand new because their tags were still attached.

"Thank you,I am gonna get dressed and than we need to talk" his face fell before he nodded and walked to the door "Jason, will escort you to the dining room" and he was gone

I got dressed and left. The guard,Jason, acknowledged me by nodding his head and walking ahead.

We arrived at the dining room and I saw it was occupied by two other people, the guy that had Leo in his study and a female, a pretty female that was sitting next to Elijah. She looked like a model, sharp but gentle features. She looked over at Elijah and laughed at something he said, both Elijah and the other one's faces softened. Looking at them made me jealous, the way he looked at her, the he smiled, it made me wanna throw punches at her......what the fuck,control yourself.

I cleared my throat to gain attention and it worked because they looked at me. Elijah looked happy,kinda. The other guy looked at me smugly and the bitch smiled at me....why are you smiling bitch.....

Elijah got up from his seat at the head of the table and walked over to me, he led me to the table and pulled the chair, that was on his left, out for me
"Cassie, this is my best friend, Jaxon" he pointed to the guy and I smiled "and this is my baby sister, Mia" he pointed in the direction of the woman. To say I felt like an idiot was an understatement. I smiled at her and she squealed "finally, I have the sister I've been wanting" she said making me widen my eyes and Elijah gave her a look that said 'if you don't shut up right now'  

"So, Cassie-" before Jaxon could complete his sentence Elijah immediately stopped him "her name is Aria" he spoke harshly. Jaxon put his hands up in surrender, before he spoke again. "So Aria, where did you meet Mr grumpy?" He asked, emphasizing my name, his question made Elijah glare at him because of the name he gave him and I giggled at him.

Elijahs head snapped in my direction so hard I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash. His face immediately softened when we made eye contact. "Do you wanna tell them?" I asked him and he nodded before he spoke "We met at a club for the first time and then after we met in my office"

Dinner was surprisingly pleasant. Mia was just the sweetest thing on Earth and I felt bad for my thoughts. Jaxon wasn't bad at all, he kept making jokes and teasing Elijah, which he pretended to hate but deep down I knew he loved him.

After dinner Elijah told me we should talk in his study which is where I am right now, in his study with him and every single memory of what we did less than 5 hours ago still fresh in my mind.

"I know you're, angry, upset and even scared after everything that happened" he jumped right in, I nodded my head "I know you're a famous and a successful businessman, but a shoot out doesn't make sense. I might not know many business people but I definitely know they don't get shot at" I vented angry. "I know, and I will explain everything, but you have to  promise to keep an open mind" he said slowly I nodded and urged him on to continue. "I lied to you, well I didn't lie I just didn't tell you the truth. *he took one big breathe* I am in a Mafia, no I am the boss, I am a Mafia Boss" he said, I looked at him completely stunned. "What?" Was all I managed to say. He looked at me with his eyebrows pulled together. "YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA!" I  boomed loudly and sprung out of the chair dashing to the door but before I could open the door his hand tugged me away from it and into his chest. I relaxed for a while before I pulled away and glared at him "tell me everything" he nodded and pulled me to his desk. He placed me on top of it and sat down in front of me in his chair. He explained to me about how he became the boss, to say that I was stunned was the understatement off the century. "So you kill people" I said so softly and lowly, he nodded and tears welled up in my eyes. "Are you going to kill me?" I asked, my voice shaking Elijah immediately grabbed my face in his large hands, wiping the tears that escaped "I would never kill you, I don't kill innocent people, only people that deserve it" I scoffed "how could anyone deserve to die" "I kill people that double cross me, people that kill innocent civilians, people that the police can't get. I kill human traffickers. I ONLY KILL PEOPLE WHO DESERVE IT" He said the last part sternly.

"I can't stay here, I need to leave, please let me go" I said crying now he pulled me into into his chest. "I can't let you go baby, I love you way to much" he said, he said he loved me. I looked at him and whispered the words back. His lips came crashing down on me and I relished in it but soon enough I stopped. "If you love me you'll let me go"  I whispered to him softly. He looked completely broken, and it broke me.

AUTHORS NOTE:
So I decided that bringing Mia was looong overdue.

Do you think Elijah is going to let her leave him?

Is Aria being a little to harsh?

Thank you for reading my book.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all so much!!!!❤❤

Love: unicorn_butterfly