Chapter 23

We were at the restaurant for another hour before we decided that we should probably get Leo to bed. "I'll carry him" said Elijah as we left the restaurant. We got inside the car and Elijah gave me Leo. After he immediately grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers. I pulled away and Cuddled Leo closer. I could see the confusion on his face but I turned around and looked out the window.

A few minutes into the drive gunshots were heard waking Leo up. No, the shots were fired at our car because Elijah immediately tensed and shouted "Fucking Russians!"  "What is happening" I shouted loud enough for him to hear. He looked over and muttered "Shit" under his breath.

"I'll explain everything later but right now I need you to duck and stay low" his eyes were stern, leaving no time to argue before he screamed at the driver "DRIVE FASTER AND LOSE THE FUCKING RUSSIANS" I ducked between the two seats with Leo pressed against my chest shielding him from both the sound and bullets.

I kissed his head,trying to calm him down but nothing worked. After a while everything was quiet but we were still speeding off somewhere and the two goons in front were speaking on some radio type of thing.
"The attacked the house,Don" the passenger said "FUCK" Elijah screamed and hit his fist against the window. Luckily it didn't break,must be bulletproof.

"Take us to the safe house" was all he said before he turned and looked at me. His eyes widened at the view. Leo had tears streaming down his face,his eyes and face was red. "Please stop crying" he pleaded with the both of us, I didn't even know I was crying until he wiped my tears with his thumbs. He took Leo from me and cradled him "I'm so sorry big guy,please stop crying. You're safe now I promise" he rocked him and kissed his forehead. A few seconds later he pulled me closer, I was tense at first but relaxed and closed my eyes.

"I promise I'll explain everything once we've reached the house" he kissed my head and pulled me even closer.
"Go to sleep, it's a long drive, I'll wake you when we've reached" I nodded my head. Not long after that I dozed off into the darkness"

Thank you for reading my book. Don't forget to vote and comment.

I love you all so much!!!!❤❤

Love: unicorn_butterfly