eighteen.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
snitch

Gram

Gram had seen Jamal's livestream not too long ago. He and Hakeem were trying to promote the fuck out of that wack ass song. Gram knew it was wack because he had heard both sneak peeks. He had also heard Hakeem rap live, and that shit was tragic.

The fact that they had to promote that song so much proves it was wack. Gram never had to do that with his shit, and he still climbed up the charts. Those Lyons better take notes. Or they could stay at the bottom for all he cared.

Since they weren't there, now was his chance to get closer to Tiana. He never DM'd her because he was too busy making sure the police didn't find Blake. Blake still hadn't told him what he had done. Gram hoped he ain't kill nobody.

He searched for Tiana and found her in the conference room, watching the small flatscreen TV. "Wassup, gorgeous."

She glanced over at him. "Oh. Hi, Gram."

She was being standoffish and it was probably because of that clown Hakeem. "You look nice today."

"I know," Tiana quickly said, and that was that.

Gram didn't like the cold shoulder treatment she was giving him, so he started whining. "Damn, I can't get a compliment back?"

Tiana looked him up and down, trying to find something to compliment. "Nice boxers."

She said that because he was sagging. "Oh, thank you. I only wear the best of the best."

"Mhm." Then she focused on the tv once more and Gram didn't understand why. That tv wasn't more interesting than what was in front of her.

He tried to make conversation. "What you watching?"

"The news."

"Damn. The news is that interesting?"

"Yeah. Blake's on it."

Gram acted shocked. "Word? What'd he do?"

"He messed with the Lyons. And no one messes with the Lyons," Tiana warned.

"But what'd he do specifically?" Because Blake ain't tell him.

Tiana filled him in. "He keeps stalking Royalty. He keeps saying if he can't have her, no one can. Then Royalty said she heard someone get shot."

That explained Blake's gun. But he ain't have blood on him or nothing. Unless he shot from far...

Oh, man. Gram couldn't believe he was hiding that crazy motherfucker in his house.

Tiana continued. "He tried to attack me too, with his crazy ass."

Gram jerked my head onto her, not liking those words at all. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah! Last week he came into the studio all bloodthirsty, blaming me for he and Ro breaking up. That's what got his ass fired."

Hold up. Blake ain't tell him all that. He really tried to hurt bae? Naaaaa, he had to get the fuck up outta Gram's house now.

Tiana looked at Gram, taking in his facial expression. "You look pissed."

"Yeah, I'm pissed. He tried to hurt you. Where was that man of yours?"

"Don't worry about Hakeem. He handled it."

"Mhm. I'mma handle this too," Gram promised.

"How?"

"I'mma tell the cops where Blake is."

Tiana furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait, you know where he is?"

"Yeah, I do." He was in Gram's house. On his couch. He was gonna tell the cops that.

He walked away from Tiana and dialed 911. The operator answered. "911, what's your emergency?"

"Y'all searching for someone named Blake, right? I know where he is."

Blake

Blake was taking a nap, but Gram's neighborhood was noisy as hell. Dogs kept barking, people kept arguing. He didn't know how Gram could live like this.

Blake missed his own neighborhood, his own home, and his own couch, but he couldn't go back there. The police would be on his ass. He couldn't even be in contact with his family anymore.

His family kept texting, asking what he did, but Blake knew better than to answer. They might be snitching.

Blake made a sandwich, but there was no more mayonnaise left. Great. He texted Gram and told him to bring some home, but he ain't reply. He was probably too busy in the studio.

Blake hoped he wasn't too busy to keep an eye on Royalty like he had promised. Because if she was talking to another guy, it'd be a wrap for the both of them. She wasn't allowed to move on until Blake moved on. Which was never.

Blake guessed he'd have to eat the sandwich without mayo, so that was what he did. As soon as he sat on the couch, he heard police sirens outside, which made him freeze. He put his plate down on the coffee table and peeked out the window curtain. He saw hella police cars, and hella cops got out of them. They were heading to the front door.

Damn, he was that much of a threat?

How the hell did they find him? Blake didn't have time to question it because they were knocking on the door now. "Police! Open up!"

No, he wasn't opening up. But he knew he didn't have much time before they busted that door down, so he quickly put his food away so they wouldn't think someone was there.

"Open up! Last warning!"

Blake quickly picked a hiding spot, and then they busted down the door. They searched around the house for him, and Blake didn't even think he was breathing right now. He hoped his phone wouldn't go off or something.

Some of the cops searched upstairs, but others were still searching the living room. One of them got close to Blake, and he was so stiff right now. Thank god he didn't find Blake.

They eventually left the room, which meant this was Blake's chance to escape. He quietly opened the window and got out. Then he ran like no tomorrow. Where to? He had no idea, but the question still remained—how the hell did they know where he was? Only Gram knew, so did he snitch? Blake believed he did.

Hm. So Gram set him up, huh? Blake thought he was his fucking friend, but Drake was right. There's no friends in the industry, for real.

Thanks to that, Gram just added himself on to Blake's hit list. Him, Tiana, and Royalty were all going to get what was coming to their asses. He promised.