Shitty Apology

" Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah spoke from behind Damon's seat. Serena was leaning against the wall and Stefan and Elena were in the big couch.

" Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan leaned forwards resting his elbows on his knees.

" That's old news. I could have told you that." I shrug walking to sit down next to Stefan.

" And you didn't because?" Stefan raised a eyebrow at his sister.

" Because you never asked." I state as if it was the obvious.

" Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah sits on the arm rest of Damon's chair, Damon staring up at him with dreamy eyes. I watch them curiously. Not even a day again Damon would have wanted to end Elijah , but since last night there's some sort of new connection I couldn't put my finger on.

" Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Stefan questions. " We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

" Stefan..." Both Damon and I warned.

" No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena shakes her head.

" I'll—." Stefan starts.

" It's not an option, Stefan." Elena cuts him off.

" All right, how do we break this curse?" Damon glances up at Elijah again.

Elijah glances back at him before speaking. " Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

" The moonstone." I roll my eyes. " The name is getting annoying to hear." I complain.

" It really is." Damon nods in agreement.

Elijah chuckles at the two. " A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explains.

" And where do I fit into it?" Elena questions.

" The final part of the ritual. Nik has the honor of killing you, which I'm still mad about." I pout like a child. At this Damon laughed.

Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf. " Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death." He opens the box and takes a jar from it.

" And that's where you come in." Elena states.

Elijah nods. " This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

" So I'll be dead?"

" And then you won't."

" Why can't you just let her die, Lijah." I groan leaning my head back.

" Why are you trying to keep her alive?" Damon adds with a confused look tilting his head as he looks up a Elijah. Elijah chuckles at his facial expression. He found it cute.

" I'm not quite sure, love." Elijah answers. He really didn't know. He just felt like he had to help her especially after he couldn't help the last one.

Elijah noticed the slight blush in Damon's face after he said the nick name. I smirked. I'm definitely playing match maker!

" That's the plan? A magical witch potion? I thought there was more to it?" Stefan stands up crossing his arms over his chest. " Why can't you use John's ring?"