Doubt

"I don't know if I can do this." Serena whispers to her son and brothers.

"You have too, mom." Jordan links their arms. "They're trying to take down, dad. We have a plan. We can do this."

"He's right." Stefan agrees, stepping to his sisters other side. "You need to do this because if not, there's a chance Klaus won't be here for you and the baby."

"Like that would happen." Damon scoffs.

"It could." Stefan rolls his eyes and looks to his brother. "We don't know what they have planned. It's easier to kill an Original than you think."

"Are you sure?" Damon raises an eyebrow. "You failed tremendously."

Serena and Jordan let out a laugh as Stefan's face drops. He smacks Damon in his chest. Damon's smacks his back. Serena rolls her eyes playfully. "You two are children."

"Are not!" The two Salvatore's say in unison. Serena gives them a look and they immediately shut up.

Damon clears his throat. "I'm going to check on Elijah before everything. Is that okay—?"

"Damon." Serena takes his hand and squeezes it. "Go. I promise when this is over, I'll have Klaus go cure him, okay?"

Damon kisses her cheek before he speeds off. Serena looks at Jordan and Stefan. The two of them grab her hand and give her encouraging nods before together, all three of them walk in.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Klaus." Marcel greets as he, Serena, Jordan and Stefan walk out, meeting him in the middle of the courtyard.

"Serena?" Klaus's voice cracks. Serena looks at him in slight shock by how good his acting was, but shakes it off.

"Nik, I'm-I'm sorry." Serena's own voice cracking as well. "I have to protect me and Jordan. This baby, somehow..."

Klaus sad eyes roam over to Marcel. "This is why you've been avoiding my calls?"

"I've been a little pissed off lately." Marcel shrugs.

"Apologies for my behavior, but you have something of mine. I want it back." Klaus steps up closer to Marcel.

"Sorry, but can't do that." Marcel says as he pulls out the silver dagger and holds it up. The dagger was a fake that Serena had mustered up.

2 hours before

"MARCEL! MARCEL!" Serena shouts as she rushes into the compound, Jordan and Stefan right behind her. "MARCE!"

"Mom!" Marcel calls back as he speeds to where she is. He stops when he sees the tears running down her face. "What happened? What's wrong?"

"Klaus." Serena looks up at him. He looked worried. "He-He tried to kill Jordan!"

"He what?" Marcel looks at them with wide eyes. "Why?-Why would he do that?"

"He was angry." Jordan speaks, holding his mother. "He tried to rip my heart out."

"We don't know what to do." Serena fake cries into Jordan's neck.

Marcel walks over and takes Serena into his hold. "I got you, mom. I know what we can do."

"We have to do something." Stefan states and Marcel only nods.

Now

Marcel holds the dagger to his side, and suddenly Rebekah enters the courtyard and takes it from him. Klaus looks both unamused and suspicious.