Protect

"You find him, and then you call me. Don't worry. I know how to deal with Klaus." Marcel hangs up the phone.

"Is that so?" Elijah appears behind him making him turn. "Please elaborate."

Marcel smiles. "Elijah Mikaelson."

Marcel's entourage of vampire bodyguards, seated around the restaurant, rise as one in readiness to protect. Marcel holds a hand up to them. "No. I got it. It's all good."

"It's time we had a little chat." Elijah takes a seat opposite Marcel.

"Well if you're gonna talk, talk." Marcel states. "I got things to do."

"Oh my, you have grown quite confident over the last century, haven't you?" Elijah eyes the place at around him.

"Me?" Marcel points to himself. "I'd say it's you and your brother who got cocky, coming to my town like you own the place."

"Well, we did own the place once." Kol joins his brothers side, Marcel looks at him with wide eyes. "We were all quite happy here as I recall. But we could never control those pesky witches of the French Quarter. How do you do it?"

Marcel smirks. "Your brother asked me the same question. I gave him the same answer: It's my business. Everything in the Quarter is my business. Klaus comes into town all nice and friendly, then he starts looking down his nose at what I've down like it's some cheap knock-off of one of his dumb paintings, then he gets pissed of like a little bitch and bites one of my guys."

"Well, we do apologize for Klaus' poor behavior." Damon now walks in Marcel once again taken back. "He's not exactly a trained dog."

Elijah looks at his lover amused before turning to Marcel again. "I assume you know that, that bite will kill your friend within a matter of days. Of course, Niklaus' blood would cure him."

"What?"

"Yes, apparently the blood of the hybrid will cure a werewolf bite." Kol pipes in. "Quite a handy little thing when one needs leverage in negotiation."

"What kind of negotiations are we talking about?" Marcel tilts his head.

Elijah stands wrapping his arm around Damon's waist. "Return the body of the witch Jane-Anne. Allow her people to put her to rest."

"What do you care about the witches?"

"When it comes to the life of your mother I will do anything to protect her." Klaus walks into the room now.

"Mom?" Marcel says in shock. "Sh-She's here?"

"Yes and as of right now trapped." Klaus says. "We need you to do as told."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The witches are still in the mausoleum. The church clock starts tolling.

Agnes sighs. "His time is up. What're you gonna do now, Sophie?"

"I'm gonna do what I said was gonna do." Sophie glances at Serena, Jordan and Hayley who were all in their own world talking.

Sabine glances at them also. "What, kill the Chosen One? We all know you can't."

"Klaus does not care about the child." Agnes interrupts.

"I do." Klaus goes into the mausoleum, carrrying the body of Jane-Anne. Damon, Elijah and Kol behind him.

"It's about time." Hayley mumbles as she and Jordan help Serena stand.

"And I bring proof of my intent to help you: the body of your fallen friend, which me and my brothers procured from Marcel himself." Klaus says looking at the body in his arms.