Can't

My siblings and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. Three hundred years ago, we helped build New Orleans. In our absence, a new king arose. Now I've returned and taken his kingdom as my own. I had hope this would bring our family together. I was wrong.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Klaus has set up a dinner table is set up in the courtyard to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abbatoir compound from Marcel. The vampire army, including Marcel and his closest friends, are seated around the table, none of them look happy nor pleased to be there.

They all despised Klaus and hated that they now to be loyal to him and be under his new ruling. Serena herself, hated the fact that she, her son, Stefan, Kol and Katherine were forced to join as well. Klaus basically insisted and begged them to join. It was a lot.

Now, Serena sat on the opposite end of the table, across from Klaus, who has yet to take his eyes off of her. Jordan sat on her left and Stefan on her left, Katherine next to Jordan and Kol next to Stefan. They all watch boredly as Klaus calls for everyone's attention to give a speech by tapping his glass with his fork.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Klaus gestures toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..."

The servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for the vampires but Serena shakes her head freezing them in place and motions for Katherine to compel them away. The vampires glare at her, she goes to speak, but Stefan does first..

"You have a problem?" Stefan's face appears. They look to him, then to Serena who's eyes were glowing. They say nothing.

"That's what we thought." Kol shared a smirk with Jordan.

"Continue." Serena tells her soulmate who only shakes his head in amusement.

"Anyways, our victories, and our defeats." Klaus looks at Marcel. "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow."

He raises his glass in a toast to the others. Diego hesitates to raise his glass. "To New Orleans."

"To New Orleans." Everyone follows, besides a certain five.

"Starting to regret agreeing to come here." Jordan mumble. They all chuckle besides Klaus who heard him across the table and gives him a small knowing look.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires." They hybrid starts.

"What about her?" Diego points to Serena who was sitting to the far end. "And him?"

"Put your finger down before you lose it." Kol threatens Diego. Diego glared back, but backs down nevertheless.

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." Klaus smiles and walks over to the other end of the table where Serena and Jordan sat at.

"As many of you know, Serena is my soulmate. She is my girl and she is not to be touched. She is carrying my child. The boy next to her is our son. He also isn't meant to be touched. Consequently, I trust you will all pay them the appropriate respect. Along with the other three. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of the children to create hybrids. I assure you I do not." Klaus shakes his head.