Crystal

After their very heart felt conversation, Serena was now reading Moby Dick to Stefan who had his head on her lap. Suddenly they hear a gasp and look up to see Alaric comes back from the dead.

Stefan sits up. " Welcome back."

Alaric groans. " What happened? Did I uh..?"

" No, you pretty much laid there dead for half the night." Serena shrugs. " But on the uh- on the plus side, we talked and did almost finish reading Moby Dick." The twins gets up and walk toward Alaric.

" This is stupid." Alaric huffs. " Evil me or whatever you want to call him, he's not gonna make an appearance. Why would he? I mean, the best hiding place is the one where you can't find the person who hid it."

" We know." Stefan hums.

Alaric stands looking better the two Salvatore's, but more at Stefan. " So, how do you want to do this?"

" I don't want to do any of this." Stefan shakes his head sadly.

" Me either." Serena adds. So she lied...she wanted to hurt him the way he hurt Kol, but she didn't know what the ancestors would think.

Speaking of... 'You are excused.'  'We know you will be doing it for your love ones.' 'You chosen one have permission to do as you please.' Serena smiles to herself.

" Well, that makes three of us. But I don't think we have much choice in the matter."Alaric takes off his ring.

" Wait, wait, what are you doing? You need that ring." Stefan points to his ring.

" You are losing it." Serena mumbles, knowing they both heard her.

Alaric rolls his eyes. " No, what I need is hope that my alter ego doesn't have a death wish. So, I'm taking bets that my dark side has a sense of self-preservation. So, let's see if he defends himself against death."

Stefan shakes his head and looks down at his feet rubbing his chin. " Look, Alaric, I'm not gonna kill you, okay?"

" I can do it." Serena raises her hand.

"N-No." Stefan protests.

" If we have any chance at this, Stefan, she's gonna have to try." Stefan looks at Alaric the. to Serena. No way was she gonna do it, so Stefan rushes towards Alaric and punches him.

" Definitely not gonna be able to do anything anymore." Serena mutters to herself.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It's been about 20 minutes and Stefan hits Alaric again.

Alaric gets up and looks at Stefan. " You're not putting enough into this."

" If he puts any more into it, he's gonna break your spine." Serena states as Stefan hits Alaric again. Alaric falls to the floor, blood is coming out of his mouth and one of his tooth has fallen out.

The veins under Stefan's eyes start to protrude and his eyes become bloodshot. He turns away.

" Well don't back down now." Alaric looks up at Stefan.

" No, no, no, no, no, I can't...the blood." Stefan breaths out.

Alaric gets up again. " Come on, you're past that."

" No, I'm not." Stefan turns back to him.

" Then use it! Give into it! Try and kill me, Stefan. Come on!" Alaric exclaims.

" Not like this, Alaric." Stefan denies.

" Yes! Like this." Alaric shouts. " You're gonna have to want to kill me for me to believe that you will."