No Matter What

Damon is sitting at the bar in Alaric's apartment, observing the werewolf bite on his inner forearm. Katherine stands over him, also observing the bite. "So that's what a werewolf bite looks like."

" Yep." Damon nods.

" It's not that bad."

" Will be." Damon sighs sadly as he stands up and rolls his sleeve down, covering the bite.

" So that's it? You're just...going to die?" Katherine asked.

" Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" Damon questions. Katherine shakes her head.

" Me, either." Damon grabs his jacket off the couch and puts it on.

" What about Serena?" Katherine asks as she watches his face form into a sad look.

" I don't know." Damon whispers as he walks to the door going to leave.

Katherine vamp-speeds in front of him, placing her hand on his chest. " You have to tell her."

" How exactly am I going to tell my little sister I'm dying?!" Damon eyes her. " I can't because it will hurt her and I don't want that." Damon attempts to leave again, but Katherine persists.

" You need to tell her. Not telling her will only hurt her more." Katherine tried to reason.

" And when I tell her she's going to risk her life anyway she can to try to save me. I don't want her dying trying to save me." Damon shakes his head in protest.

" She's going to do that either way, Damon. She's your sister! You know you have to tell her." Katherine finished as she walks to sit on the couch leaving Damon in front of the door.

" Why do care if I tell Serena or not?" Damon asks as he faces the door.

" Because I know you not telling her will break you."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Serena met up with Klaus. They were both walking towards the Quarry together. Serena noticed that Klaus was walking with a small bounce in his step and a smile.

" Your excited aren't you?" I smile at him
softly. I was happy he was finally getting to be who he was.

" Of course I am, love. I'm about to become a hybrid." Klaus looked over at Serena with a smirk. Serena rolled her eyes playfully.

" I'm glad your happy." I smile again.

" I've been happy especially when your by my side." Nik smiles back.

" Now off we go. The moon is nearly at its apex." I cheer as I quicken my pace.

" You seem more excited then I am." Nik falls into step next to me.

" Of course I am, I get to see you break all the bones in your body." I tease. He glares playfully as we make it to the Quarry.

The first thing we hear is Greta speaking. " My duty is to Klaus! The new order."

Klaus smirks as I eye roll my eyes. " Glad to know I still have a dance partner."

In front of them was 3 fires of rings, one with Elena, one with Jules and...Jenna. Serena felt bad. She didn't think Nik would Jenna. She was innocent. If Serena would have known sooner she would have saved Jenna...for Ric.

I slowly approached Jules's ring of fire. I noticed how she was wiggling around groaning and grunting as she held on to her stomach as she sweated. " Aw are you hurting?" I tease.