Chapter 2 | Pee in the Trash Can

It has been two weeks since the first day of school and I'm already so over school

It has been two weeks since the first day of school and I'm already so over school. I literally have no one to talk to in any of my classes. Everyone has friends and I am just the odd one out sitting there like a complete loser.

I wish I were more outgoing and I wish I didn't care about what others thought, but sadly that's not me. I have always had a lot of trouble making friends, with the exception of elementary school. Elementary school was my peak.

I have always been a shy person, but I feel like it escalated once I started middle school. I was afraid to talk to anyone because I felt like they would judge me or think that I was stupid, so instead, I just kept my mouth shut and observed others around me. I'm an observer and the only time that I actually open up and show who I am is when I'm with Peyton and Margot. They are my safe place.

I'm snapped out of my sappy thoughts when my history teacher, Mr. Yu asks me a question. "Sage, what did the Bastille symbolize?"

"The Bastille was the symbol of the king's power," I responded. I have no idea how I knew that.

"That's correct, but next time, at least try to act like you're paying attention, hm?"

"Uh, yes. Sorry," I respond with a blush creeping up my neck.

He gives me an approving nod and then continues on with the lesson. After that embarrassing incident, I actually begin to pay attention.

After fourth period, I make my way to the cafeteria lunch line looking for Peyton and Margot. When I finally spot them, I sneak up behind Margot and scare her.

"Boo!"

"AH!" She turns around and yells, "You bitch! Why the hell did you do that?"

"I—I," I try to respond but I'm laughing so hard. I have to lean against Peyton to make sure that I don't topple over and embarrass myself.

When I'm done laughing and I find my voice, I finally respond. "I saw the opportunity and took it. Sorry, not sorry," I say with a smile.

"I am going to get you back so good for that, just you wait," Margot says trying to scare me.

"We'll see about that," I shrug.

We all get our food and then walk to the garden area, taking a seat at our usual table. We eat our lunch talking about weird shit that gave all of us an ab workout due to how hard we were laughing. I'm pretty sure I walked out of lunch with an eight pack.

After lunch, I continued on with my day, nothing special. I've noticed that when I'm in school, it feels like I'm living through the same day, every day. Wake up, go to school, come back home, do my homework, take a shower, repeat. It's a never ending cycle and sometimes I just wish that everything would just stop for a second and let me take a break. It's only the third week and I'm already mentally drained. I really need a day off.