Chapter 7 | Petty

・❥・

・❥・

"Buenos días, clase," my Spanish teacher greets the class when the bell rings signaling the beginning of class. Nobody greets him back so he shrugs his shoulders and speaks again. "We're going to be switching seats, so everyone pick up your belongings and move to the back of the classroom."

Groans are heard throughout the classroom but everyone does as he says and waits patiently at the back of the classroom for Mr. Grant to begin calling out names.

The whole moving seats ordeal only takes like five minutes and by the end of it, not only am I seated semi close to the front of the classroom, but I'm also surrounded by boys on all sides. This is just great.

"Now that everyone is settled in their new seats, please introduce yourselves to your partners. I will give you guys two minutes to complete this," Mr. Grant instructs us.

My partner and I both turn to each other and introduce ourselves at the same time.

"I'm Sage—"

"I'm Jake—"

I let out a giggle and send him a small smile. "Sorry, you can go first."

"I'm Jake and you are...?"

"I'm Sage."

"It's very nice to meet you Sage." He holds his hand out for a handshake which I find weird, but when I look into his eyes, all I see is amusement. I playfully roll my eyes.

I reach out and shake his hand while saying, "It's very nice to meet you too, Jake."

He's about to say something else, but then the timer sounds and Mr. Grant begins our instruction for the day. Jake and I don't talk again until class is over when I'm making my way out of the classroom and he calls out for me.

"Hey," he says, when he's standing next to me.

"Hi."

"You left class before I had the chance to say bye and wish you a good rest of your day."

"Oh, well I'm sorry for leaving," I say because I have no idea how else I can respond to what he just said.

"Nah, it's cool." I make a confused face when he doesn't continue. Was he looking for an apology for leaving the classroom without letting him know?

"Okay, bye then." I turn to walk away, but he moves in front of me and blocks my path. I blow out a little breath of annoyance.

"Why'd you leave again?" He crosses his arms across his chest.

"I thought we were finished. Were we not?" In class he seemed cool, but now he's just acting like a punk and I don't like it. I just want to go hang out with my friends, is that too much to ask?

"No we weren't. Bye Sage, have a good day. Now we're finished," he says, walking away like he didn't just act super controlling a second ago.

"Yes, your majesty," I mutter under my breath, shaking off the uncomfortable feeling that he made me feel and beginning to make my way to the garden area to find the girls. Hopefully the table that I always get isn't taken already.