Chapter 5 | I Ended It

・❥・

・❥・

sage.like.the.color started following you.

I shake my head trying to get rid of the drowsiness. I look back at my phone and realize my brain really wasn't playing tricks on me. Sage really did follow me back last night.

After Instagram stalking yesterday and finally finding her account, I made the impulsive decision to request to follow her. I pressed the follow button, immediately exited out of the app, and turned off my phone.

Now, here I am. Fighting the urge to text her and ask her how she's been, how school is, if her favorite color is still purple.

Still whipped even after all of these years.

I toss my phone on my nightstand and get up, making my way to my bathroom to take a shower so that I can try to clear my head. I haven't thought of Sage in so long. I figured I would never see her again so instead of dwelling on the matter, I pushed the thought of her aside, along with the very strong feelings that I had for her.

I can't start thinking about her now. I just can't. It was hard enough to forget the feelings the first time, but I don't think I'll be able to do it again. Not to mention, I have a girlfriend now and Sage probably has a boyfriend. If she's as amazing as I remember her to be, then there is no way that she is single. I'm positive someone has noticed how special she is.

Is it selfish of me to hope that she isn't in a relationship though? I know that I have a girlfriend, but the thought of seeing Sage with someone else makes me want to crawl out of my skin. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

I still have two hours before school starts, so I'm going to take a shower and sort through my thoughts. I'm going to follow my instincts and try to make the decision that will make me the happiest.

When I've come out of the shower twenty minutes later, my mind is already made up. I know what I need to do.

It's lunch, so I'm making my way to the quad area where all of the boys and I hangout. My class is on the other side of the school, so I know that I'm close when I see Logan standing on the bench and waving his hands in the air trying to get my attention. I roll my eyes and send him the middle finger. He laughs, jumping off of the bench and walking over to me.

"¿Cómo estás, amigo?" Logan asks me, reaching his hand out so we can do our handshake. I roll my eyes at his annoying ass again but respond nonetheless.

"I'm good, friend. Thank you for asking." I'm turning away from him to go say hi to Reece and Orion, but Logan steps in front of me not letting me through. "Do you need something else," I question, raising an eyebrow.

Logan pouts. "Aren't you gonna ask me how I'm doing?"

"Why would I do that?"

Logan downturns his lips even more. "Because you're a nice person," he states matter of factly.