Chapter 24 | Call Me Mommy

・❥・

・❥・

When Sawyer releases me from our passionate kiss, I know that now is the time for me to tell him the words I have been wanting to say for a long time now.

"I love you."

He meets my eyes, a smile growing on his face. "You do?"

"I do." I lean up to give him another kiss. "At first, everything was built off the person I knew when we were kids, but the more I got to know right now Sawyer, the easier it was to fall. And it started off slow at the start, then all at once, I just knew that I loved you."

He pulls me into him, pressing kisses all over my face. "Say it again."

I laugh. "I just said it like twice already."

"Twice isn't enough. Again, please."

"I love you."

"One more time."

I roll my eyes. "You're insufferable."

"No, I'm in love."

"Great, and now you're corny."

"But you love me anyway?"

I sigh. "Unfortunately, yes."

He frowns. "You're mean."

"No, I'm in love."

His frown morphs back in to a smile. "I love you so much," he gives my lips a quick kiss, "you're my favorite person."

Before I can respond to his proclamation, we hear voices coming from inside the house. We pick up on what they're saying and realize that they are counting down to the new year.

Twenty

"Do you wanna stay out here or go back inside?" Sawyer asks me.

"Stay out here."

Fifteen.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I just want it to be the two of us sharing this moment."

Ten.

He pulls me into his arms, and we just stand there looking into each other's eyes, waiting for the new year.

Five.