Chapter 26 | Gaslighting and Picnics

・❥・

・❥・

The cycle always starts the same way.

During the fall, I'm great. I'm thriving. I'm keeping up with all of my assignments, I'm having a good time with all my friends, and I'm just happy with myself.

During the spring, that's when everything starts to fall apart.

But it doesn't all happen at once. It happens slowly, tentatively. Like the cycle isn't sure if it wants to give me a break or screw me over. It lets things be good for a little while, and then it doesn't. It fucks me over.

All of a sudden, I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't work, and it feels like I can't breathe. I'm a miserable fuck everywhere I go and I lose my temper on the people that least deserve it, on the people that are trying to help me be better.

And usually, I'm prepared when all of this happens. I accept it. I accept that this is who I am and that I can't change it, but I'm not ready to accept it this time around. I have too many good things going for me, too many people that love and that I love too. I don't want the person that I love the most to see me when I'm at my lowest and I don't want to treat her the way that I treat others when I'm at my lowest.

But, do you wanna know what time of year it is?

The. Spring.

The cycle always finds its way of catching up to me, but this year it will be different.

I hope this year will be different.

logan and his peasants

6:13 PM

Logan: who wants to skip school with me tmr?

Logan: bc i'm really not trying to go

Me: i'm so down

Me: what do you wanna do?

Reece: neither of you are skipping school tmr.

Logan: you're not the boss of us

Sage: sawyer, you're not skipping school tmr

Me: logan, i'm not skipping school tmr

Logan: NO SAWYER DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: sorry, but whatever my woman says goes