Chapter 3 | Flat On My Ass

・❥・

・❥・

Tomorrow is Monday, day one of my own personal hell. I'm kind of freaking out right now and I don't know how to make it stop. I'm pacing back and forth in my room trying to calm my nerves, but the more that I think about the situation, the higher my pulse spikes and the more stress I feel. I feel like any normal person wouldn't be acting strange and throwing a hissy fit over possibly seeing the first boy that they ever really cared about for the first time in six years, but guess what? I AM NOT NORMAL. I'm a drama queen who loves to read and dream about finding the love that I read about in books.

I'm being ridiculous. I have to chillax and take a deep breath or I'm going to faint. I stop my unusually fast pacing, and begin to take deep breaths, inhaling from my nose for five seconds and exhaling from my mouth for five seconds. When I've finally gotten a grip of myself and can think clearly, I decide to be a big girl and suck it up. As Margot would say:

Deal with it.

I pick out my outfit, fill up my gray and teal HydroFlask with water, pack my lunch, pack my backpack and put all of the things that I will be taking tomorrow by the door to make sure that I don't forget anything. Since I took a shower early to allow my hair to dry, I get started on curling my hair. If I do end up bumping into Sawyer tomorrow, I at least want to look good.

Since my hair is pretty short, it only took me thirty minutes to curl it. I tie my hair with a hair tie and then make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and perform my nighttime skin routine. When I finish everything that needs to be done, I go to bed trying to remember that I am putting myself through this to help my mom and be a good daughter. I've got this, I tell myself and I try to remind myself to focus on the positives of this situation.

Beep, beep, beep, BEEP.

"Shut up!" I yell groggily at my alarm.

I lean over from my sleeping position and press the stop button on my phone to turn off my alarm. I groan, getting up from my bed and making my way to the bathroom to do my business. When I finish, I walk to the kitchen to get started on my breakfast. I usually don't eat any breakfast in the morning, but I already know that I am going to need the extra energy if I am going to make it through the day. I toast two pieces of white bread because whole wheat bread sucks, spread peanut butter on both slices and then slice up a banana to put on the slices of bread.

When I'm done eating my breakfast I continue to get ready. I touch up my hair, put on a little mascara, blush, eyebrow gel and lip gloss. I'm about to start getting dressed when my mom walks into my room.

"Sage you better be u—oh good. You're up," she says and then walks right back out of my room.

I continue on with what I was doing. I put on the outfit that I picked out yesterday. I'm wearing a cropped white tank top, high-waisted army green cargo pants and Nike Blazers. I'm not really confident in my body, but I really like this outfit so I'm going to wear it. Screw all of the insecure thoughts.