Chapter 9 | Saving Me

・❥・

・❥・

sawyer.iglesia: how's that tattoo holding up?

sage.like.the.color: still going on strong

him: i knew i did a good job

him: if you ever need another fake tattoo done you know who to call

me: i'll definitely keep you in mind

He's never putting a temporary tattoo on me ever again, especially after almost giving me a heart attack the last time. I swear, I almost internally combusted with how sweet and gentle he was being with me.

I can't let it happen again because if it does I'll fall at his feet and beg him to be mine. He deserves better than me. So, the next time that I see him, I'm gonna pretend nothing happened because I can't risk losing our friendship over this.

him: i better be the first option that's all i'm saying

him: anyway my scrimmage is about to start so i'll see you later

me: you mean talk to me later

him: sure

me: you're annoying you know that?

him: you love it

I roll my eyes and close out of the app, beginning to make my way to one of the study hall classrooms to meet up with Jake.

My Spanish teacher assigned a project for the class and said that we need to do it with our seat partner so I was stuck doing it with the son of a bitch Jake. Not to sound cocky or anything but I'm sort of a Spanish God when it comes to that class so I feel like my teacher is always coming up with ways to spite me in order to make me fail. Sitting me next to Jake and assigning us this project are just two out of the few ways that he loves to make me miserable.

Don't even get me started on Jake. He treats me like a piece of shit and then expects me to help him whenever he doesn't understand something. The worst part is I abide everytime because I'm too afraid to do otherwise. There's just something about him that makes me incredibly uncomfortable and I have this horrible feeling that he will try something with me if I don't listen. That dude has such a short fuse it's actually ridiculous.

When we were discussing where we should work on the project, he kept insisting that we work on it outside of school like at his house or the park and I immediately shut it down. I want to avoid ever having to be alone with him.

I came up with some lie about how my parents don't let me hangout with boys and then suggested that we do it in one of the study hall rooms. He eventually relented, thank goodness because I don't know what I would have done if he didn't.

I make it to the room and spot Jake sitting in the back on his phone. I make my way over to him.

"You're late," is the first thing Jake says once I sit down in one of the chairs.