Chapter 14 | Movie Night

・❥・

・❥・

I know what I'm getting myself into. I do. I might struggle with my own shit, but I know that I can be there for Sawyer. I want to be there for him.

I want to be that person that he can rely on, that shoulder he can cry on. The person who would never judge him the way he would never judge me. I'm familiar with the feeling of being a burden and I don't want him to ever feel like that again. If being there for him means that he'll never feel that way, then I'll do it.

"I don't deserve you being nice to me after the way I treated you this week." He hangs his head in shame.

I walk up to him and cup his cheeks. "I forgive you, but next time just talk to me, okay? I'll understand, I promise you I will. If you need space, I'll give it to you, if you need a hug I'll give you that too, just talk to me."

He bends down to press a little kiss to my nose. "Thank you," he whispers.

"What for?"

"For hearing me out," he answers.

I laugh. "Yeah, after I shut the door in your face, made you wait outside for like three hours and then yelled at you."

He chuckles, pressing a kiss to my forehead and then my nose. "I knew it wouldn't be easy, you're so fucking stubborn. Not as stubborn as me, but still very stubborn," he teases.

I tuck my head into his chest. "I would have left you out there all night if it weren't for my mom, you know."

"Oh, I know," he says. "I was ready to camp outside of your house and throw little pebbles at your window until it annoyed you enough that you had no choice but to listen to me."

I shake my head, pinching his side. "I still wouldn't have opened the window, no matter how much it pissed me off."

"Yeah you would've," he says oh so confidently.

"No."

I feel him roll his eyes at me. "Well, we'll never find out because you already forgave me."

I don't respond. I can't win this conversation so I just tighten my hold on him and burrow my head further into his chest.

We just stand here, in the middle of my room, hugging each other with everything we have. As Sawyer holds me, I realize just how much I missed him and his hugs. When we hug, it feels like nothing can hurt me because he's there to protect me.

Our hug gets interrupted when there is a knock at my door.

"Have you guys made up already?" my mom shouts from the other side of the door.

"Yes mom. Thanks for locking us in here by the way and giving us no other choice but to talk it out." Even though I might sound annoyed, I'm actually glad that my mom forced us to talk it out. My stubborn self would have probably ignored him for five days so he could get a taste of his own medicine.