Chapter 23 | New Year's Eve

・❥・

・❥・

"You got scared?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Did he say something?"

"No."

"Did he touch you somewhere you didn't like?"

"No."

"Did he move too fast?"

"No."

Peyton and Margot both simultaneously groan their annoyance.

"Then what happened Sage? I don't get it," Margot asks, genuinely confused.

"I don't get it either. It was like a switch was flipped in my brain. I wanted him to touch me everywhere and the next moment I didn't want him to touch me anywhere."

"Are you sure he didn't do anything to make you uncomfortable?" Peyton worries her lip.

"I swear he didn't. He didn't even want to continue but I convinced him it was okay." I shake my head at myself. "I just can't stop thinking about it. I feel so embarrassed."

"You shouldn't feel embarrassed, Sage," Peyton reassures. "There is nothing wrong with wanting to stop. Knowing Sawyer, he probably told you that and reassured you that it was okay, right?"

"Right."

"Then don't stress about the situation too much. You guys are okay, you said so yourself. Everything went back to normal and he was still his sweet, caring self."

I mull over her words for a second.

"Yes, you're right. I'm sorry guys. I feel like I'm always making things about me. What's up with you guys? I feel like we haven't spoken in forever."

"You don't need to apologize, Sage," Margot says. "We want you to feel comfortable enough to tell us the things that bother you, and we want to be able to help you get through them." Peyton nods her agreement. "But, to answer your question, we've both been good. Especially Peyton. She's been thriving."

Peyton flushes a bright pink.

"Ahhhhh, tell us everything!" I squeal.

"I mean, there's not much to tell," she avoids our eyes, "we've hung out a few times over the break, he's come over, I've gone over, it's... nice. I feel safe when I'm with him."

Margot and I both awe at our best friend. She's precious.

"I'm so happy for you, Peyton. You deserve nothing but the best and I'm glad Orion can give that to you."

"Thanks guys. I love you both, but I really think we should start getting ready. The guys are gonna be here in two hours."

The chisme finally ends and the girls and I start getting ready for the New Years party Logan invited us to earlier in the week.