Chapter 6 | Notification

・❥・

・❥・

"Thank you, God," I say after I close my chromebook, finally being done with all of the homework that I was assigned today.

I lean back in my chair and let out a loud groan when my back lets out a loud crack. The amount of work that I was given today is absolutely ridiculous but I'm finally done. I pack my chromebook, planner, folder and pencil case in my backpack and then plop onto my bed for the first time since I arrived home four hours ago.

I aimlessly scroll through TikTok for a little while until I get a notification from Instagram. Since my phone is unlocked, I can see what the notification is. One look at the name of the person who sent me the notification causes me to scream and launch my phone across the room.

I lay in bed staring at my phone, unmoving. I didn't even have time to read the message because it was so unexpected. I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared to open the message, but my curiosity trumps the fear so I lift from my bed and walk across my room to my phone.

The phone landed face down, so I pick it up and flip it over to the screen.

sawyer.iglesia

hey

I throw my phone across the room again. He said hey. HEY. I want to die. I can't believe this is happening. I grab a random pillow from my bed and shove my face into it letting out a scream.

I run back to my phone, unlocking it so that I can respond to his message. I'm about to press on his name when a thought occurs to me.

Should I lag on him for a little bit?

No. First of all, I'm not that type of person, and second of all, this is Sawyer we're talking about and we like Sawyer. Also I've been dying to see if he was going to message me and now that he finally has, I want to talk to him.

sage.like.the.color : hey

I quickly exit out of the app and flip my phone face down, trying to resist the urge to stare at the screen until Sawyer responds. I'm not expecting him to respond right away so I stand from my bed and look around trying to find something to busy myself with, but my phone vibrates and I freeze. I grab my phone and respond to the message right away, immediately pushing the thought of lagging on him out of my thoughts.

him: how have you been?

me: i've been pretty good what about you?

him: i've been pretty good too

him: i'm sorry for hitting you with the door yesterday

I can feel a blush crawling up my neck from being reminded of how embarrassing it was falling on my ass in front of him.

me: stop don't even remind me i was so embarrassed

him: there is nothing to be embarrassed about