Chapter 10 | Heating Pad

・❥・

・❥・

"Sage...Sage wake up," a voice that sounds a lot like my mom says while trying to shake me from my peaceful slumber.

I groan and roll over pulling the blanket over my head.

"Te necesitas levantar mi corazón," my mom repeats.

"Mom," I groan. "I don't want to get up."

"It's six-thirty baby and you have school today." I shoot out of bed.

"What time did you say it was?" I ask, throwing my blanket off and rushing over to my closet.

"Six-thirty."

Fuck. My. Life.

I take a deep breath and turn to my mom. "Look mom, I greatly appreciate you for coming in here and waking me up but I'm running thirty minutes late so if you could please skedaddle and allow me to get ready I would really love that," I plead. Normally, I wouldn't talk to my mom like this but my routine has been messed up and I really don't have time to chit-chat with her right now.

"Okay, I'll leave but one more thing."

"Yes?" I ask, my tone more irritated than I hoped it would be.

"You have a period stain on your butt," she informs me and my eyes bulge out of my head.

I dash to the mirror, take a look for myself and yup there it is, a big red stain on my favorite teal shorts. This day is already off to such a great start and it isn't even seven o'clock yet.

"What happened to you?" Is the first thing that Margot says when she sees me during nutrition.

"Good morning to you too," I mumble.

"Oh yeah, sorry, good morning. For real though, what happened? You weren't here before school started and no offense but you sort of look like shit," she admits.

"You do know that saying no offense and then saying something offensive after doesn't make it any better, right?" I clarify.

"Yeah, I know but I still say it anyway as a fair warning. You didn't answer my question though, what happened?"

"I woke up thirty minutes late this morning, started my period, stained my favorite shorts and now I have cramps," I spew. "I spent like ten minutes scrubbing the blood off my shorts and barely had any time to put on my mascara so it's a sweatpants and glasses type of day today."

I didn't have time to care about how I looked today, so I threw on some black sweatpants, a white tank top and an extra large white zip-up. I also didn't have time to put my contacts in so I just had to go with the safe option and wear my glasses today. I haven't worn them in public in so long so it's just adding to my list of insecurities today.